Analyst, Relationship Management, iShares Insurance Sales
Description About this role Firm Description:
BlackRock is the largest asset manager in the world, with more than $8 trillion in total AUM serving investors of all sizes, including Consultants, Personal Investors, Wealth Managers, Banks and Government Institutions, Asset Managers, Pensions, Foundations and Insurers to help them and their beneficiaries invest for a better future.
On top of a market leading investment platform (Aladdin) and leading the way in Sustainable investing solutions, BlackRock is the #1 Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) provider with over $2 trillion in assets under management under the flagship iShares line of ETFs. About this role:
The iShares US Insurance Team is responsible for distributing iShares ETF products and solutions to US insurance companies, representing $6 trillion in assets including almost $40 billion in ETF assets. The Team is seeking an Analyst to serve as a Business Development / Relationship Manager responsible for contributing to the development of relationships with existing clients and prospects in the United States. The Relationship Manager will develop expertise in ETFs, institutional investors, and the range of investment capabilities from the BlackRock iShares platform. The individual will be expected to support the delivery of best-in-class thought leadership and investment solutions to prospects and clients across the US to grow iShares wallet share. The role is reporting to the Head of the iShares Insurance East Coast team and will be supporting the team's broader distribution efforts with an expectation to grow into an assigned book of business. The role will be based in New York and may require occasional travel. Key Responsibilities:
- Support relationship management team in building and maintaining key client relationships and drive engagement with CIOs, Portfolio Managers and traders to identify and pursue new potential business and retain existing business.
- Assist with strategic client targeting and design well-planned and engaging client meetings that uncover Client needs and interests, and best deliver iShares product fit.
- Lead and coordinate strategic marketing and event work to scale iShares brand with insurance clients.
- Own data management and data sourcing for industry statistics and reporting processes.
- Support new revenue and ETF opportunities across products and insurance clients.
- Prospect and initiate brand building and sales activity with investors not currently engaged in discussions with iShares. Develop and execute strategy to uncover and develop mandates that will have the most commercial impact.
- Develop product fluency across iShares ETF solutions and the broader BlackRock investment platform.
- Work collaboratively with partners across BlackRock to meet clients' needs and objectives and develop innovative solutions that bring the best of BlackRock.
To be successful in this role - Candidate should demonstrate many of these qualities.
- Highest ethical standards and displays both professional and personal integrity.
- Strong sense of self-motivation encouraged and motivated by quest for building new relationships and revenue generation.
- Strong intellectual ability and interpersonal skills to establish credibility with the institutional investor community and senior leaders throughout the Firm.
- Collaborative and coordinated approach to a team-based sales model.
- Strong communication skills - ability to articulate complicated concepts and systems concisely.
- BA/BS in any field.
- Role will require candidate to acquire regulatory licenses Series 7 and 63.
- Candidate should have a goal to pursue CFA or CAIA designation a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.