- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 23 Oct 18
Analyst, Private Equity Fundraising, Private Fund Group
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with three main lines of business.
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Secondary Advisory business, we advise clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions, and we help clients resolve a particular situation through a structured solution.
- In our Directs & Co-Investments business, we raise capital for direct investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
We have professionals located in New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
PFG offers Analyst opportunities across all three of our business lines: Private Equity Fundraising, Secondary Advisory and Direct Transactions. Our Analyst role provides excellent exposure to the alternative investment business. You will have direct contact with the senior partners of our private equity clients, as well as with the heads of our clients' marketing and investor relations teams.
Analysts are exposed to all elements of a fundraising process, including:
- Working with the Due Diligence team to evaluate prospective fundraising opportunities
- Providing advice to clients on fundraising strategy, structuring, timing, investors and legal terms
- Articulating complex marketing messages
- Preparing compelling fundraising materials and financial models
- Strategic planning for and management of an online data room
- Communicating with senior distribution team members worldwide to track the fundraising process
- Completing special projects, such as building market maps or tracking returns across a market segment
- Gaining exposure to alternative investment managers and learning about myriad private equity investment strategies from an unusually close vantage point
You should be a recent graduate of a four-year college or university (latest graduation date of December 2018). Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks those with a common set of abilities-highly motivated and creative individuals who have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We aspire to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
We are looking for:
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skillsets (including experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word)
- You are an articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- You are a leader who engenders dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, who has the ability to process and digest information rapidly and nimbly
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- You are a principled professional committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Applicants should submit a resume that includes their undergraduate cumulative GPA. Candidates invited to interview with the PFG will be asked to submit a cover letter expressing their interest in the position and a college transcript ( an unofficial college transcript is acceptable )