Analyst, Multifamily, Asset Management
Brookfield Property Group
, is a leading global investor in real estate, owning and operating an irreplaceable portfolio of iconic properties located in the world's most dynamic markets. Our real estate portfolio spans multiple asset classes, including office, retail, multifamily, industrial, hospitality, self-storage and student housing in North America, South America, Europe and Asia. Across our public and private investment vehicles, we generate superior returns by focusing on real estate fundamentals - leasing, financing, development, construction, and property and facilities management. Brookfield Property Partners is publicly listed on the NYSE (BPY) and, TSX (BPY.UN). Brookfield Property Group - Multifamily
, is responsible for acquiring and managing all US multifamily assets. The existing portfolio consists of over 34,000 units across over more than 120 properties located in both urban and suburban markets.
The Analyst will focus on management of Brookfield's existing portfolio and will work closely with Brookfield's multifamily affiliates and operating partners. Specific responsibilities include performing complex financial analysis and valuations, conducting market research, quarterly reporting, writing investment committee memorandums and presenting investment recommendations. Responsibilities:
- Assist in relationship management with operators, JV partners and investors
- Track and update status of business objectives for each property/portfolio
- Assist preparing and reviewing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the portfolio including valuations, reforecasting and business planning
- Monthly review of operating statements and financials
- Assist with asset and portfolio dispositions and financings
- Other responsibilities include performing complex financial and sensitivity analyses, conducting market research, writing investment committee memorandums and presenting investment recommendations.
- Diplomacy, tact, and a helpful, positive, professional presentation and attitude
- Bachelor's degree required with a concentration in business, finance, accounting and/or real estate.
- 1-2 years of experience in real estate asset management and/or real estate portfolio management. Multi-family experience a plus.
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Excel and working knowledge of Argus
- Exceptional analytical, financial modeling and valuation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to learn quickly
- Strong personality and the maturity to interact with high-level stakeholders at Brookfield and within portfolio companies with limited supervision
- Willing to do what it takes to get the job done