Analyst, Investment Operations
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 14 Dec 17 2017-12-14
Analyst, Investment Operations
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
The Front Office Liaison defines and performs systems analysis and documentation to improve workflow and operating efficiency around our trading environment. The incumbent will also make recommendations to standardize procedures and processes and to introduce new technology or improve existing technology. This position is responsible for support of all front-office investment trading systems, including interfacing with users and vendors and working with various internal and external partners to resolve issues. Additionally, this position will work with external parties to research, identify and make recommendations to the investment team related to new and existing technologies.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Primary user contact for all front-office investment trading systems.
- Provide daily support to all users of investment data by fielding questions, analyzing data issues, identifying problems and assisting with implementation of the appropriate solution.
- Act as the conduit between the front-office users and other business, IT and regulatory teams to bridge the gaps in communication.
- Analyze designated systems data structures and business processes. Develop alternatives, enhancements, and solutions that maximize effectiveness.
- Draws on extensive knowledge base (e.g., Bloomberg AIM, applications, and SME's) to analyze problems of the greatest complexity and contribute to troubleshooting efforts.
- Adept at understanding operational nuances across multiple business units / functional areas.
- Additional duties, as requested.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the financial service industry
- Strong understanding of the buy-side and sell-side trading process, especially in the Fixed Income space.
- Ability to multi-task and work as part of a team
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong commitment to procedures and controls
- Strong problem solving skills and proven attention to detail is required
- Ability to work and function independently
- Must have solid organization skills and the ability to understand new concepts quickly
- Experience with Linedata Longview (LVTS) a plus.
- Familiarity with trading platforms in regards to configuration, setup, support and messaging (FIX, MQ).
- Experience with Charles River trading systems helpful.
- Experience with Alternative Trading Systems, Market Axess, Tradeweb and portfolio management/risk applications (e.g. Barclays Point/Bloomberg PORT).
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.