Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Sep 18 2018-09-16
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) organization plays a critical role as trusted business partner to the business units, supporting all analysis, reporting and planning needs of the business. We produce budgets, short and long range forecasts; create and analyze business metrics and identify cost savings opportunities; deliver economic insight into the relationships between costs and revenues to improve the financial success of the business going forward. We are looking for a Business Finance Analyst to join the FP&A team based in New York.
- Develop detailed budget and forecast models to drive high quality decision-making and closely monitor business performance.
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly variance analysis of actuals, budgets, and forecasts.
- Participate and/or lead team-wide projects including financial modeling, ad hoc analysis, and delivery of automated solutions for reporting.
- Prepare periodic financial reports (ie: weekly, monthly) for senior management, as well as produce ad-hoc analysis.
- Proactively look for opportunities to optimize the current reporting structure and develop new approaches to assess the health of the business and satisfy client needs.
- Develop and deliver presentations for senior management.
- Liaise with Central Finance, Accounting and Human Resources, as needed, on key deliverables.
Knowledge and experience requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Solid proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications; advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, sumifs); experience with IBM CognosTM1 or VBA a plus.
- Knowledge of accounting policies (accruals, reclasses, journal entries) a plus.
- Experience in Real Estate forecasting a plus, but not required.
- Takes initiative and acts as a self-learner with strong quantitative and problem solving skills.
- History of effective multi-tasking, expectation setting, escalation of issues, where appropriate.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present ideas both in written presentations and orally; to senior management as well as outside audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work/navigate in a large organization.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and in a rapidly changing environment in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively, while being highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Focused attention to detail and high standards for quality and accuracy in his/her work product.
- Professional, positive demeanor. Collegial orientation; relationship-builder who is able to “roll-up” their sleeves to find solutions to the task at hand.
- Organized with strong follow through and execution.
- Solid communicator: verbal, written and presentation.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.