As Barclays Product Control Analyst - Financial Institution Credit, within the Global Finance Department, you will take real ownership of the P&L (profit and loss) reporting and all product-related control functions. You will be a key team member as you will be ensuring timely and accurate reporting of daily P&L including verification of risk and P&L through the P&L attribution process. This role gives opportunity to work with different department across the Barclays team.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring review of month end close for the business, including balance sheet and revenue reconciliations, general ledger and sub ledger adjustments and reserve calculations
- Liaising with the Front Office, Middle office, Accounting and Risk management teams to solve various issues in a timely manner
- Performing and presenting the weekly/monthly P&L commentary to director within the team
- Performing and reviewing regulatory submissions such as IFRS13, IFRS10, IFRS12, BASEL III
- Representing product control in various regulatory, IT and business projects
- Implementing new policies and procedures applicable to the team
- Learning and understanding the balance sheet accounting for a credit business, close books and substantiate balance sheet
- Being a central point of contact with the business on all control related issues with respect to revenue reporting, daily and monthly controls
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent years of experience
- Experience in various Credit and Hybrid products such as Loans, CDS, CLOs, CLO Warehouses, Bonds, Options, Interest Rate Swaps, TRS, Financing and other products
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Excellent verbal and written skills and proficiency in Microsoft Excel including macros
- Exceptional level of analytical and problem solving skills
- Time management skills while working under tight deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and finance concepts and product control experience a plus especially in Credit
Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.