Analyst, Enhanced Analytics - NY
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity, employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch is seeking a data Analyst to join its Global Public Finance and Infrastructure Enhanced Analytics (EA) team in New York. This position will collaborate with more senior analysts in EA and rating coverage groups to gather and analyze financial, economic, demographic and industry-level data. The role supports global EA projects in the areas of product and service excellence and working smarter for Global Infrastructure, International Public Finance and U.S. Public Finance. Fitch will consider entry-level individuals with some practical experience in data management and/or analysis.
The Global Public Finance and Infrastructure Group provides to market participants around the world ratings, research and data on thousands of sub-sovereign governmental and quasi-governmental entities, transactions and projects across many sub-sectors. EA is a small global team of non-coverage analysts that operate at the intersection of fundamental credit analysis, research and technology. We are a highly visible team and play an integral role in building solutions to support the rating and research offerings of over 250 analysts globally. We also engage with all stakeholders across the firm to harness the data and insights generated by the analysts to support internal and external product offerings. We are seeking a new team member that can help us further build out our data infrastructure and product offerings with the opportunity to become knowledgeable about global public finance and infrastructure from an operational and analytical perspective.
The key responsibilities of the position will include but are not limited to:
- Retrieve disparate data from various sources, and format and integrate these into systems for internal use
- Collaborate with functional experts and organizational leaders in the implementation of new products and process improvements
- Produce data-driven reports and presentations for internal and external use
- Assist in the development of rating criteria, including researching metrics, preparing and cleaning data, back testing, and coordinating documentation for the internal approval process
- Assist in the implementation of new analytical tools to support the ratings process
- Lead the preparation and publication of recurring PFGIG core suite research.
- Support senior analysts on research pieces across a range of industry-relevant topics
- Bachelors or graduate degree in economics, finance, public policy, or a technical/quantitative field preferred
- At least 1-2 years work experience with an emphasis on data analysis
- A strong ability to collect, clean/prepare and analyze data
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving ability;
- Solid written and verbal communication skills - ability to confidently interact with all levels in the organization; strong critical thinking and quantitative skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Excel
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with SQL, VBA, R, and Python are all strong pluses
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.