- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Sep 18
Analyst, Directs Team, Private Fund Group, Asset Management
In its Asset Management (AM) business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. Credit Suisse's AM business handles over $425 billion of assets for clients. These clients include governments, institutions, corporations and private individuals. In the New York office, our business focuses on alternative investment strategies, as well as capital raising by the Private Fund Group.
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with three main lines of business.
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Secondary Advisory business, we advise clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions, and we help clients resolve a particular situation through a structured solution.
- In our Directs & Co-Investments business, we raise capital for direct investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
We have professionals located in New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
Our Directs & Co-Investments Analyst role provides excellent exposure to the alternative investment business. Analysts on the Directs & Co-Investments team are exposed to all elements of a direct fundraising process, including:
- Working with a small team across several concurrent direct funding transactions, with involvement at every stage, from diligence of the potential investment sponsor / opportunity, through execution of the capital raise
- Preparing marketing materials and financial models
- Strategic planning for and management of an online data room
- Maintaining detailed tracking of dialogue with prospective investors
- Providing support to the investment sponsor throughout prospective investor due diligence
- Completing internal projects and managing systems that track real-time information for the day-to-day execution of ongoing mandates
- Gaining exposure to alternative investment managers and learning about myriad private equity investment strategies from an unusually close vantage point
You should have a minimum of one to two years of post-college financial services experience, ideally including corporate finance, financial sponsors or private equity experience. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks those with a common set of abilities-highly motivated and creative individuals who have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We aspire to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
We are looking for:
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skillsets (including extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word)
- You are an articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- You are a leader who engenders dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, who has the ability to process and digest information rapidly and nimbly
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- You are a principled professional committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Those interested should complete an application on the Credit Suisse website , click on "Experienced Professionals" and search for Job ID 111238 "Analyst, Directs Team, Private Fund Group, Asset Management." Applicants for the PFG should include a cover letter, resume and college transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).