Analyst, Corporate Accounting AMRS
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 May 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock AMRS Finance consists of Finance professionals in disciplines such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Treasury, Taxation and Controllers. Within the Controllers’ Group, the Legal Entity Controllers team has responsibility for Accounting, Legal Entity Control & Tax Compliance (certain entities).
This position is part of the Corporate Accounting team within the Controllers Group and is primarily responsible for the corporate accounting and legal entity control for certain legal entities in the Americas region. This position is also responsible for processing certain non-vendor payments, including serving as the backup for time-sensitive payments.
The position will report to the Vice-President of Corporate Accounting in New York.
- Responsibilities include financial accounting, tax & regulatory reporting, including monthly closing of US GAAP books and certain Local GAAP books (IFRS) as well as, performing analysis and reconciliations between the 2 sets of books.
- Assist in month-end close activities for US GAAP (primarily) and Local GAAP (limited), including review and analysis of income statement and balance sheet accounts
- Review and prepares monthly reconciliations of certain Balance Sheet accounts
- Prepare interim Finance Board of Directors materials
- Prepare monthly Key Performance Indicator packages for legal entities in AMRS
- Prepare interim and annual Financial Statements under local GAAP
- Coordinate and manage statutory audits (interact with local audit managers and partners directly and liaise with external auditors and other 3rd party service providers
- Coordinate with departments within Finance, including Corporate Tax, Revenue Accounting, Compensation Accounting, Treasury Accounting (investment accounting), Accounts Payable, External Reporting, Accounting Policy and Financial Planning & Analysis group. In addition, extensive collaboration with departments outside of Finance such as Legal & Compliance, Human Resources, Payroll, Information & Technology and Business Operations
- Assist with special projects as they occur, which can be very frequent and include mergers and acquisitions activity
- Assist in the integration of acquired entities, including extensive coordination and collaboration with various departments within BLK
- Assist in coordinating the quarterly earn-out process
- Process non-vendor payments – in all applicable currencies across multiple banking portals.
- Liaise with U.S. Treasury with regards to release of payments
- Closely coordinate with Global Finance Operations team in Edinburgh
- Closely monitor and process urgent payments
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA is preferred
- 2 years of accounting/audit experience, preferably in a “Big 4” organization
- Excellent accounting operations and GAAP skills
- Positive attitude & willingness to continuously learn
- Self-starter, independent worker and able to make sound and timely decisions
- Ability to consistently be attentive to detail while meeting critical deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to operate effectively in a changing landscape with competing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to help the team continuously improve through learning and process innovation
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.