Analyst, Business Continuity Management
- Base Salary Plus Bonus
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
A top-tier institutional asset management firm in midtown Manhattan is looking to hire an Analyst, Business Continuity Management with 3 – 7 years of business continuity management experience within the asset management / management consulting / IT risk industries. In this role, you will manage, maintain, improve and test the Business Continuity Program to ensure timely resumption of critical business functions within defined time frames in case of an incident and respective crisis management activities. This is a great opportunity to interact with multiple functional areas at the firm with the potential to oversee BCM in the US.
- Implement, maintain and improve the BCM program in line with the Global Business Continuity Framework and industry standards (e.g. ISO 22301, BCI) in co-ordination and alignment with the global BCM Center of Competence.
- Manage the Business Continuity, Incident and Crisis Management guidelines, plans and documentation in line with the global BCM Framework; coordinate and support business continuity documentation updates, exercises, and independent review and validation.
- Report preparedness status for BCM and Crisis Management to the Global BCM Manager and senior management.
- Lead and participate in Business Continuity Program initiatives designed to enhance and strengthen program maturity reflecting global / regional / local business needs with special emphasis on end-to-end processes including 3rd parties.
- Provide guidance and assistance to business units conducting business impact analyses to identify of critical business processes, systems and resources and acceptable recovery times periods and recovery points.
- Perform risk analyses to identify points of vulnerability and recommend disaster avoidance and reduction strategies. Provide guidance to and coordinate efforts of staff members in the development of recovery procedures for key areas of the organization.
- Develop and distribute corporate emergency response procedures and ensure updates to reflect changes in staff, size, location, organization, and home office facilities on an annual basis or as needed.
- Develop and implement ongoing incident management measures to identify potential business disruptions, develop safeguards against these interruptions, and implement recovery procedures in the event of a business interruption.
- Manage the overall plan for executing the DR process, both in testing and in the event of an emergency situation as the Disaster Recovery Coordinator, taking a central role in managing the situation and ensuring that the process flows smoothly and efficiently.
- Provide regional support for the global Emergency Notification System, including administration, troubleshooting, enhancements, reporting, and training.
- Collaborate with our information security specialists and IT vendors to conduct threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments and work with technical teams to implement any DR strategy improvements recommended.
- Conduct BCM, crisis management and disaster recovery training for staff in all functional areas to ensure staff is aware of emergency response measures. Monitor the effectiveness of emergency response procedures during trainings and identify areas for improvement.
- Execute BCM, crisis management and disaster recovery testing strategy and methodologies; plan and coordinate the testing of recovery support and business resumption procedures in different functional areas. Identify areas for improvement and ensure respective improvement activities.
- 3 - 7 years of’ Business Continuity Management experience within asset management / financial services, management consulting or IT risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance / Economics or Computer Science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Solid knowledge of current BCM, crisis management and disaster recovery planning techniques and technologies, in addition to the methods used in performing business impact analysis
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure technology and operations in order to derive adequate IT Service Continuity Strategies
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and priorities
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to develop a network
- Solid understanding of Financial Services processes and related IT architecture
- MBCI, CBCP / MBCP, CISM, or CISA certificates strongly preferred (not required)