Analyst - Strategic Shareholder Advisory Analytics
Analyst - Strategic Shareholder Advisory Analytics POSITION:
Evercore seeks to hire an experienced Research Analyst for its Strategic Shareholder Analytics team in New York, NY. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Strategic Shareholder Advisory group provides insight and advice to our corporate clients regarding a variety of shareholder related issues. Our Analytics group within this team focuses on a variety of analyses regarding shareholder trends across of a number of situations including activism/defense, complex M&A and other corporate actions. Our goal is develop new analytical content regarding shareholder behavior and utilize it broadly in our client discussions.
The Research Analyst will create internal and client presentations and will work within a team environment to create content to expand Evercore's Shareholder Advisory practice. SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
S/he will be ambitious, self-directed, creative, and resourceful. The candidate will be passionately interested in a career in investment banking, intellectually-curious and eager to learn. We are seeking an academically accomplished candidate with the ability to multitask. This position comes with challenging-work and a demanding environment in a rapidly growing firm. It also offers a superb entry opportunity into the investment banking business.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree from a top university with a finance or accounting major (preferred)
- One year of relevant work experience in Data Analysis, Investment Banking / Equity Capital Markets or other related work
- An excellent, team-based attitude
- Have an interest in finance, M&A and equity markets
- Relentless work ethic and high energy level
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Some experience in data analysis or other quantitative background
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Exhibit an exceptional attention to detail
- Be calm under pressure with a demonstrated track record of successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously