Analyst - Risk Data & Strategy PMO
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley USA
- 23 Oct 18
Analyst - Risk Data & Strategy PMO
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
The talent and passion of our people is critical to our continued success as a firm. Together, we share four core values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic:
1. Putting Clients First
2. Doing the Right Thing
3. Leading with Exceptional Ideas
4. Giving Back
Morgan Stanley is committed to helping its employees build meaningful careers and we strive to be a place for people to learn, achieve and grow.
Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) enables Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Our mission is to serve as the follow roles:
· Independent agent to set consistent principles and disciplines for risk management
· Strategic advisor to Firm management for setting risk appetite and allocating capital
· Industry leader to influence and meet regulatory standards
You will collaborate with colleagues across FRM and the Firm to protect the Firm's capital base and franchise, advise businesses and clients on risk mitigating strategies, develop tools and methodologies to analyze and monitor risk, contribute to key regulatory initiatives and report on risk exposures and metrics to enable informed and strategic decision-making. Through thoughtful analysis and clear communication we are best able to bring our ideas to the table and improve the Firm.
Firm Risk Management values diversity and is committed to providing a supportive and inclusive workplace for all employees.
Firm Risk Management's unique franchise promotes:
ü Flat, flexible and integrated global organization
ü Collaboration and teamwork
ü Credible, independent decision-making
ü Organizational influence
ü Creative and practical solutions
ü Meritocratic and diverse culture
Morgan Stanley Firm Risk Management (FRM) Department is seeking a Program Management Office analyst (PMO analyst) for the Risk Data and Strategy team based in New York. The focus of the PMO analyst is to co-ordinate with FRM Risk domain program managers and FRM Technology to prepare regular Risk Infrastructure program status reporting across the FRM department.
The PMO Analyst will be responsible for the successful co-ordination and reporting of the FRM Risk Technology program portfolio, utilizing best practices around PMO and program governance methodology. In addition, the PMO Analyst will work closely with FRM Technology senior managers to develop topical presentations to the CRO and Risk COO, conveying Risk Technology initiatives and status.
· Liaise and co-ordinate with FRM program managers and FRM technologists to gather and consolidate information for program status reporting (e.g. RAG, issues, actions, milestones etc) for regular reporting cycles
· Work with FRM Technology to evolve and automate the program status reporting process in Jira
· Implement program status reporting standards across FRM programs, leveraging Jira as the primary tracking tool.
· Create program metrics, dashboards, and reports to summarize status with regard to the FRM programs for various senior management committees
· Assemble, track and provide FRM-wide key program risks and issues, mitigations and communicate to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner
· Prepare consolidated presentation materials and facilitate meetings with senior stakeholders to discuss status
· 1-3 years' relevant work experience
· Experience within a financial institution and/or Top Tier consultant firm
· Ability to manage multiple programs concurrently
· Ability to run meetings with multiple stakeholders and business areas
· Strong oral and written presentation skills including graphic illustrations
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Proficiency with Excel and PowerPoint
· Experience with Jira
· Exposure to Agile / Sprint program management methodology