At M&G our vision is: to become the best loved and most successful savings and investment business and we’re looking for people who are excited about joining us on our journey. We’re digitally transforming and investing heavily in technology and innovation to develop new and improved customer propositions that really raise the bar for our customers. To help us achieve our vision we’re looking for exceptional people who live our values and behaviours and who can inspire others; embrace change; deliver results and keep it simple.
We know that an inclusive environment makes us more accessible and ensures we attract, engage, promote and retain exceptional people. We welcome applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity/nationality, disability, or military service and welcome those who have taken career breaks. We will consider flexible working arrangements or home working arrangements for any of our roles.
What you can expect from us:
We are committed to creating an environment where you can be exceptional at all you do. To help us deliver this, we promise to:
- Challenge Your Limits by creating a stimulating working environment and providing opportunities for you to be involved in meaningful and challenging work
- Support Your Aspirations with a commitment to learning and development that helps you achieve and build your experience with people who want you to succeed
- Value Your Input whereby leaders and managers will involve you in key decisions, listen to your thoughts and recognise the important contribution you make
- Balance Your Life through a work life partnership that focuses on making this an inclusive, diverse and friendly place to work and offers the flexibility and support that enables everyone to be at their best
Role: [Analyst / Associate] Private Assets - Catalyst, Americas
What is the role about:
The candidate will support the growth of the investment activity in the Americas by assisting in the analysis, structuring, underwriting, execution and monitoring of private credit transactions across the capital structure with an emphasis on strategic and scalable partnerships.
The Americas investment team is generalist and as such the candidate should expect to be involved in a variety of asset classes ranging from traditional to esoteric.
Key Team / stakeholders:
The candidate will join Catalyst, a team of 25 investment professionals located in London, Mumbai, New York and Singapore. The team aspires to drive positive impact for People, Communities and The Planet through investment in private assets across the capital structure.
The role will be based in New York, where the Americas private investment office was opened in May 2019. The candidate will report into the Head of Origination – Americas. He/she will support the investment activity and the development in the region. He/she will join a team in the first phase of its expansion.
The Americas team is currently made of 4 professionals, 2 based in New York and 2 in London. It leverages an expansive credit analyst platform to deliver investment opportunities for a wide array of funds and mandates.
Type of person:
- Curious, inquisitive
- Collaborative, team player
- Entrepreneurially minded
- High degree of integrity
Key accountabilities for the role:
- Support deal manager in the deal delivery through initial analysis, structuring, underwriting, credit approval, execution
- Develop and maintain modelling of investments either independently or in collaboration with in-house data analytics platform
- Assist in commercial terms drafting and deal documentation review to support negotiation
- Contribute to preparation of internal approval papers as well as take an active part in approval process
- Be responsible for on-going monitoring and BAU management of investments, including inputting into required internal reporting
- Ensure optimal communication with fund managers, credit analysts and support functions
Key knowledge & skills:
- Relevant work experience during which the candidate gained exposure to advanced modelling of transactions
- Strong quantitative skills with proficiency in coding language
- Exposure to various asset classes and to investments in various part of the capital structure is a positive
- Good verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work on multiple projects
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Able to take initiatives and offer own opinion
We live by four behaviours at M&G and we ask all our employees to:
- Inspire Others - Support and encourage each other, creating an environment where everyone can contribute and succeed
- Embrace Change - Be open to change, willing to be challenged and able to adapt quickly and imaginatively to new ideas
- Deliver Results - Focus on outcomes, set high standards and deliver with energy and determination
- Keep it Simple - Cut through complexity and bureaucracy, be clear and decisive and never overcomplicate things