Analyst - Industrials & Transportation
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is comprised of: Fitch Ratings, a global leader in credit ratings and research; Fitch Solutions, an industry-leading provider of credit risk products and services; and Fitch Learning, a preeminent training and professional development firm. With dual headquarters in London and New York, Fitch Group is owned by Hearst.
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and other status protected by applicable laws.
Fitch is seeking an Analyst for the Industrials & Transportation team in the Corporate Finance group. The ideal candidate is someone who:
- has some knowledge of and/or a keen interest in learning more about the Industrials and Transportation sectors, including Aerospace & Defense, Diversified Manufacturing, Capital Goods, Autos and suppliers, Airlines, Logistics, and General Industrials;
- has a professional background in capital markets, credit, financial and/or strategic analysis, plus a solid understanding of financial statements;
- wants to deepen their exposure to and understanding of the debt capital markets;
- is a strong team player with the ability to proactively and successfully interact with various stakeholders, both within and outside the organization;
- has an ultimate career objective of developing a reputation as a credit expert and an industry authority;
- enjoys critical thinking, including developing and sharing well-reasoned opinions.
Qualitative credentials will weigh meaningfully in the selection of the candidate. A healthy sense of intellectual curiosity is critical, along with a demonstrated willingness and ability to attack and explain topics of analytical complexity. Fitch is a team-oriented work environment, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is a high productivity work-ethic, results-oriented mindset and positive attitude.
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Perform quantitative analysis including comprehensive financial statement forecasting, comparable analysis and bankruptcy evaluation;
- Perform qualitative analysis focused on factors such as business models, competitive strengths, management strategy, industry analysis and regulatory considerations;
- Assist lead analysts in developing credit rating recommendations through extensive research and financial modelling support;
- Take responsibility for monitoring and proactively assessing a small portfolio of companies, including presenting analysis and opinion recommendations to credit committees;
- Assist in maintaining Fitch's financial database;
- Participate in meetings with Industrial and Transportation industry executive-level management teams to strengthen understanding of their business and its industry;
- Support and contribute to research publications for the team and Fitch's Leveraged Finance initiative.
What you're working towards as an analyst with Fitch:
Through career advancement, the Analyst is working towards developing a reputation as a thought leader providing the debt markets with high-quality analysis and forward-looking views. The Analyst will have the opportunity to develop through both an extensive credit and financial analysis curriculum and working directly with highly experienced sector analysts. Over their career, the successful Analyst can expect responsibility for increasingly complex and high-profile coverage. These responsibilities will ultimately include a market facing role.
- Bachelor's degree at minimum, MBA or other advanced degree a plus;
- CFA candidate preferred, CFA/CPA a plus;
- 1-2+ years relevant experience, some coverage or knowledge of the Industrials and Transportation sectors a plus;
- Capital markets and/or credit analysis experience a plus;
- Strong understanding of Excel and Word;
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to shift fluidly between multiple projects as priorities change;
- Ability to excel in a team-oriented environment.
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts for you and your Family Members prior to commencing employment. If you, or your Family Members, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, they must be sold before beginning work. In certain roles, employees and their Family Members may be limited to investments in diversified mutual funds only.
For more information about this policy, please visit the Code of Ethics and Conduct page .