Analyst - Equity Derivatives Sales Assistant
About BNP Paribas: BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
www.cib.bnpparibas.com Business Overview:
BNP Paribas' Global Markets business offers a broad range of products and services in the global interest rate, credit, currency, equities & commodity markets. Global Markets help their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk. Their client base comprises of hundreds of corporations, institutional investors, banks, governments and supranational organizations.
Global Markets has the scale and reach to conduct business anywhere in the world and deliver products denominated in almost all of the world's currencies. Their global network comprises more than 3,000 professionals working on our six main trading floors in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo. They are supported by regional offices throughout Europe, the Americas, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Qualifications Responsibilities: The Equity Derivatives Flow Sales Assistant is responsible for providing operational and analytic support to the Sales Desk. They will act as the point of contact between various Operations groups and FO Teams to ensure Risk and Front to Back workflow accuracy. Their main responsibilities entail trade booking and providing best is class service to our clients. Trade Booking, Processing and Monitoring
Backup for Sales Desk: Execution of Trades
- Generate or draft term sheets and book Equity Derivative Flow or Exotic in Fish or Winsales for "Deal Dones", and send Trade Recaps to the client for each trade done. If the trade is to be confirmed via Swaspwire, generating or drafting a swapswire confirmation, and sending to corresponding trader to book the trades.
- Liaise with our middle office to resolve trade breaks or settlement issues that arise from trading activity.
- Pick up the client wires if the coverage marketer is on the phone
- Manage marketers CC or client contribution in Apollo. Make sure the right Client Contribution amounts have been credited to the marketer within the booking systems, i.e, Winsales or Fish. If not, manage the CC amount directly within Apollo.
- Request Initial Margin for required OTC trades for Hedge Fund clients and negotiate lower amounts when necessary.
- Check trading lines within Risk Navigator, ISDA/CSA coverage within Beagle, Dodd-Frank compliance within GUARD, and trading flags before trading.
- Sending end of day CC/Commission recaps to trading.
- Sending end of the CC/Commission Equity Derivative Daily Recap firm wide. Generating weekly HFAM recap of activity.
- Pricing and sending daily/weekly/monthly Volatility Surfaces/Indications to Insurance Clients
- Pricing and sending Monthly Indications to Hedge Fund Clients.
- Act as a possible backup for Structure Equity Desk.
Novations Step ins/Remaining party
- In addition to handling overflow on the phone, provide live markets on OTC or listed trades in Bloomberg
- Back-up sales coverage on specific clients for marketers that are on block leave or out of the office.
- Provide sales/trading coverage on small-sized listed trades "Cross-hub" London trades. This includes calling brokers to make a market or provide executions on Market or Limit Orders.
- Handle any Novations that may require assistance. Pricing unwind/novation fees, generating term sheets, and liaising with internal Middle Office and confirmations teams. Additionally, handling the corresponding swapswire novation confirmation if trade was originally confirmed
Minimum required qualifications
- Two years' experience in Global Markets Equity Derivatives
- Client Focus and excellent communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities
- Good knowledge of Equity Derivatives products and systems
- Pro-activity to provide ideas to improve the current processes/workflows
- Minimum one year experience in Global Markets Equity Derivatives
- Ability to multitask and support different desks
FINRA Registrations Required: Series 7 & 63 BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.
- Previous experience in Global Markets Equity Derivatives Front Office/Operations environment