Analyst - Client Service Team - Global Banking
BNP Paribas Group
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 75 countries, with more than 189,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realize their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific. About BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking
Fully integrated in the BNP Paribas Group, BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading provider of solutions to two client franchises: corporates and institutionals, and operates across EMEA (Europe Middle East Africa), APAC (Asia Pacific) and the Americas. The bank is a global leader in Debt Capital Markets and Derivatives. It is a top European house in Equity Capital Markets and it has leading franchises in Specialized Financing. In Securities Services, it is a top five House worldwide. BNP Paribas CIB strives to service the global economy by providing solutions to its clients in financing (ECM, DCM, specialized financing), flow banking (trade finance and cash management), financial advisory (M&A, project finance), global markets (interest rates, credit, foreign exchange, equity derivatives), risk management, and securities services.
Global Banking Client Service team (CST) is the m ain entry point for US Global Banking Business Lines for all Finance-related issues.
CST team works closely with all teams within Finance & Tax to assist in the seamless coordination and execution of tasks on behalf of their Business clients, with the aim of maintaining a consistent level of deliverable quality / timeliness and responsiveness to the Business clients. Members of the team will build extensive knowledge of Global Banking products and operations and maintain expertise in the area of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Finance operational setup, procedures and responsibilities.
The Analyst will work together with Senior Staff within the team and the Business in building a relationship of trust and credibility by reviewing and delivering timely and accurate reporting to our business clients, analyzing transactions and variances, and responding to ad hoc client requests. He/She will support the business in their daily operation and development plans by providing them with the means to make informed business decisions to effectively achieve their strategic targets.
Qualifications Qualifications: Minimum required qualifications
- Contribute to the preparation, consolidation and summarization of month end reports in coordination with the outsourcing teams (in Montreal) including detailed P&L and balance sheet analysis for multiple product lines and legal entities for distribution to senior management. Investigate issues discovered and liaise with relevant teams to ensure the accuracy of financials.
- Review and analyze financial reports for accuracy, perform client and product analytics / variance analysis compared to budget / forecast and previous periods, and produce meaningful financial reports that meet the needs of clients.
- Participate in the annual budget process, on Financials including revenues, expenses, allocation keys, headcount and balance sheet. Assist in the consolidation of business unit submissions, analysis, and the preparation of Senior Management presentations.
- Assist in the preparation of various ad-hoc analytical reports and presentations to aid senior management in decision making
- Produce the monthly Regulatory Net Funding Balance (RNFB) Dashboard and quarterly estimates to be presented to senior management.
- Assist in the coordination with Head Office, Treasury, and the business lines on methodology topics for regulatory stress impacts on assets and deposits.
- Provide commentary on balance sheet and liquidity evolutions.
- In coordination with other team members, analyze and challenge the cost and allocation keys of the Functions in comparison with the budget and with previous periods, providing justification for the allocated costs to the business heads.
- Observe the bank's policies and procedures, making a direct contribution to BNP Paribas operational permanent control framework.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting is required.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Self-starter and team player, able to work independently and collaboratively in a deadline-focused environment
- Good interpersonal skills to develop and maintain key relationships with Business heads and managers, Head Office and other Finance and support groups
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Knowledge and understanding of Global Banking product
FINRA Registrations Required:
- Master's degree in finance preferred.
- CPA certified
- Financial Planning and Analysis background
- Experience with Hyperion Essbase/Smartview or similar tools.
- USGAAP and IFRS knowledge is a plus
BNP Paribas is committed to providing a work environment that fosters diversity, inclusion, and equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, age, creed, sex, religion, national origin, disability (physical or mental), marital status, citizenship, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, or any other legally protected status.