Analyst/Senior Analyst, Financial Institutions - NY
At Fitch, we have an open culture where employees are able to exchange ideas and perspectives, throughout the organization, irrespective of their seniority. Your voice will be heard allowing you to have a real impact. We embrace diversity and appreciate authenticity encouraging an environment where employees can be their true selves. Our inclusive and progressive approach helps us to keep a balanced perspective. Fitch is also committed to supporting its employees by advancing conversations around diversity, equity and inclusion. Fitch's Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) have been established by employees who have joined together as a workplace community based on similar backgrounds or life experiences. Fitch's ERGs are available to connect employees with others within the organization to offer professional and personal support.
With our expertise, we are not only creating data and information, but also producing timely insights from every angle to influence decision making in this ever changing and highly competitive market. We have a relentless hunger to innovate and unlock the power of human insights and to drive value for our customers. There has never been a better time to make an impact and we invite you to join us on this journey.
Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide have helped fund a century of growth and enables you to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Ratings is adding a new Credit Analyst to our well established North American Bank Group. The position involves working with senior members of the Bank team on all aspects of the rating process, including responsibility for supporting senior analytical team members in their coverage of a portfolio of banking institutions.
Primary duties will include:
- Performing analysis of key quantitative and qualitative factors;
- Presenting companies to Fitch's internal credit rating committee;
- Participating in onsite meetings with company management; and
- Assisting in the preparation and publication of research reports.
- 1-3 years of analytical experience.
- Excellent Excel skills - spreadsheet creation and analysis; data manipulation.
- Self-motivated professional who works well in a team environment.
- Demonstrates strong written and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
Nice to haves:
- MBA, CFA and/or CPA, or progress toward these designations, a plus.
- Experience in financial, public accounting or professional services in an analytical capacity.
- Exposure to financial statement analysis, including U.S. GAAP and/or IFRS.
- General understanding of bank and financial services regulation and reporting, particularly Basel III standards.
- Knowledge of the qualitative metrics and quantitative considerations used to analyze our rated entities.
Fitch Group is a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Wholly owned by the Hearst Corporation, we are comprised of three main businesses: Fitch Ratings | Fitch Solutions | Fitch Learning.
For more information please visit our websites: www.fitchratings.com | www.fitchsolutions.com | www.fitchlearning.com
Fitch is committed to providing global securities markets with objective, timely, independent and forward-looking credit opinions. To protect Fitch's credibility and reputation, our employees must take every precaution to avoid conflicts of interests or any appearance of a conflict of interest. Should you be successful in the recruitment process at Fitch Ratings you will be asked to declare any securities holdings and other potential conflicts prior to commencing employment. If you, or your immediate family, have any holdings that may conflict with your work responsibilities, you may be asked to divest yourself of them before beginning work.
Fitch is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.