- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Jun 18
Analyst/Associate, Secondaries Team, Private Fund Group, Asset Management
In its Asset Management (AM) business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. Credit Suisse's AM business handles over $425 billion of assets for clients. These clients include governments, institutions, corporations and private individuals. In the New York office, our business focuses on alternative investment strategies, as well as capital raising by the Private Fund Group.
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with three main lines of business.
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Secondary Advisory business, we advise clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions, and we help clients resolve a particular situation through a structured solution.
- In our Directs & Co-Investments business, we raise capital for direct investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
We have professionals located in New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
Our Secondary Advisory role provides excellent exposure to the origination and execution of secondaries transactions, from advising clients wishing to sell LP fund interests and portfolios of direct assets, to resolving a particular situation through structured solution. Secondary Advisory team members work with a wide variety of external counterparties and clients, including LPs, GPs, corporates, individuals and government organizations. The PFG is widely recognized as a Secondary Advisory market leader, with a proven record in closing some of the largest and most complex secondary transactions in the market.
As a Secondary Advisory Analyst / Associate, you can expect broad exposure to all aspects of the Secondary Advisory process including:
- Supporting secondary deal origination, business development and marketing activities
- Evaluating a client's prospective liquidity needs and underlying objectives
- Modeling and analyzing underlying illiquid portfolios to derive key insights on main value drivers and risks
- Generating ideas, providing strategic advice and designing processes to maximize the liquidity potential for illiquid holdings
- Articulating transaction opportunities and preparing compelling marketing materials
- Communicating / negotiating with liquidity providers to keep attention and preserve deal tension
- Travelling and working with a global client base
- Daily client interaction with senior executives and senior members of the PFG
- Improving the systems, processes, models and presentations of the team
You should have a minimum of two years of post-college financial services experience, ideally including investment banking, fund placement, investor relations, financial sponsors or private equity experience. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks those with a common set of abilities-highly motivated and creative individuals who have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We aspire to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
We are looking for:
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skillsets (including extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word)
- You are an articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- You are a leader who engenders dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, who has the ability to process and digest information rapidly and nimbly
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- You are a principled professional committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior
Those interested should complete an application on the Credit Suisse website , click on "Experienced Professionals" and search for Job ID 112319 "Analyst/Associate, Secondaries Team, Private Fund Group, Asset Management." Applicants for the PFG should include a cover letter, resume and college transcript (an unofficial transcript is acceptable).