Analyst/Associate, Data Strategy & Solutions Relationship Manager (New York)
Description About this role Analyst/Associate, PMG Data Strategy & Solutions, Relationship Manager - based in our NY office.
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Portfolio Management Group (PMG) has created a new Global Data Research team focused on alternative, primary and big data, called Data Strategy & Solutions. We are seeking a research manager and broker liaison, with experience in financial services, to assist with managing our research & data relationships, payments, and commissions
This role offers opportunity to shape a new function within Data Strategy & Solutions and exposure to a young entrepreneurial team with a passion for data and its potential to positively transform the investment landscape. About this role:
Research Management & Broker Liaison works closely with internal business managers and investment team leads to ensure investors are receiving the high value research they need and provide transparency on the consumption and research spend across BlackRock. You will also be a point contact for research providers, responding to inquiries and helping with navigation of our research and payment process. What you will be doing?
- Manage Approved Research Providers and associated agreements/costs
- Provide oversight to quarterly CorpAxe QC process of research consumption
- Assist with the quarterly payment allocations and reporting to research providers and internal teams
- Submit and approve research invoices to both our internal invoice system and to Virtu, our CSA Aggregator
- Assist with oversight of research commission accruals and commission reconciliation performed by Virtu
- Work with our Index & Data Solutions team through onboarding process of contracted services
- Assist with management of AlphaTrawler, our Alpha Capture program, through engagement with program contributors and collaboration with AimPass, who provide the platform for the program
- Identify potential process improvements, drive process changes and help streamline the business
- Ideally, 2-4 years' experience in a data-centric or relationship management role in financial services
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with a proven ability to prioritize effectively.
- Exposure to investment research (sell-side or buy-side) a plus.
- Ability to communicate and align priorities across multiple teams with inspiration and authority
- Database (SQL) and/or Tableau experience a plus
- Knowledge of legal parameters as they relate to data in a post MiFID world and more broadly in Research a plus
- Passion for investing and a continuous desire to learn more about financial markets and fund management
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment on multiple concurrent projects
- Boundless desire to learn and challenge the status quo
- Unquestioned integrity and the highest ethical standards
- Ability to provide feedback to others in a constructive, assistive way
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, particularly with global colleagues.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.