- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Apr 18
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities:
- Lead the assignment of new credit ratings of Auto Asset-backed Securities (ABS).
- Analyze newly issued transactions for the Primary ratings team, present to rating committees, communicate analysis internally and externally, and prepare presale reports. Responsibilities include evaluating credit risk, structures, and quantitative modeling used during the ratings processes.
- Lead meetings with issuer and investors; conduct operational reviews of servicers and originators
- Write press release, pre-sale report, industry research and special comments
- Contribute to methodology projects
Department / Team: SFG
- MBA or Master's degree in Finance, Economics or a related field with at LEAST 3 years of experience as Structured Finance analyst or in a related position in financial services industry.
- Will also accept a Bachelor's degree in above stated or related fields and at LEAST 5 years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in structured finance or a related field.
- Solid knowledge of the financial market and securitizations
- Excellent communication skills - able to verbally communicate clearly and succinctly
- Experience in cash flow modeling, Monte Carlo simulations preferred
- Proficient in MS Office, proficiency in Access, SQL, VBA preferred
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Highly organized and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities within deadlines while also complying with internal procedures and best practices as well as existing regulations
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.