Analyst- Hedge Fund Operations
What is the opportunity?
- Primary focus is on execution within defined parameters, with some expansion based on developing capabilities and/or experiences, in partnership with more experienced staff.
- The analyst will play a key role in i) obtaining independent valuations and returns associated with hedge fund positions in the trading portfolio; ii) perform all aspects of alternative asset operations including subscriptions, redemptions and fee calculations related to hedge fund transactions; iii) perform daily reconciliation of the bank's cash accounts; iv) support security settlement for AAG and Muni GIC desks. All responsibilities carried out in accordance with Code of Conduct, RBC Values and Guiding Principles ensuring adherence to Privacy principles.
What will you do?
- Responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. Individuals at this level are expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. Individuals would be expected to contribute to work flow or process change and redesign, and to form a strong basic understanding of the specific function. May also be accountable for regular reporting or process administration as "owner".
- Communicating with hedge fund managers and administrators in order to independently value hedge fund returns and valuations;
- Verify and obtain sign-off on product related transactions;
- Prepare and confirm fee calculations due to hedge funds and counterparties;
- Maintain statements received from hedge funds;
- Support various front office teams with respect to hedge fund prices and valuations;
- Maintain information related to hedge funds and ensure that the proper parties receive the relevant information;
- Review and prepare daily reconciliation across multiple accounts and follow through on breaks to resolve
- Coordinate and process transactions across multiple systems;
- Review and update wire instructions;
- Coordinate outgoing wire payments;
- Identify and advise on incoming cash transactions;
- Coordinate daily funding needs for desk;
- Pledge loans, CD's and securities to the Federal Reserve Bank in accordance with the bank's liquidity requirements;
- Monitor the loan portfolio lodged at the Federal Reserve Bank in accordance with Borrower-In-Custody ("BIC") requirements;
- Process deposit and withdrawal of physical securities held in a correspondent account with RBC Capital Markets LLC and maintain proper recordkeeping;
- Ensure the daily settlements of all Muni GIC securities;
- Ensure amortization schedules of GICs and Assets based on prepayment speeds and assumptions;
- Maintain daily and forecasted cash flows for accuracy
- Ensure daily Accounting is properly stated and classified based on daily trading and customer transactions
What do you need to succeed?
- Typically includes Rotational Analysts, Recent college graduates, and lateral employees with little or no relevant Operations experience.
- A bachelor's degree with emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Mathematics or Economics;
- 1-3 years of work experience preferable
- Reasonable understanding of financial markets and products;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Experience with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Access;
- Excel/VBA Programming preferable
- Keen attention to detail
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.