Americas Alternatives Advisory Compliance, Director
- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Feb 19
About BlackRock BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $5.98 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Job Title: Director, Americas Alternatives Advisory Compliance
Business Unit: Legal & Compliance
Location: New York, NY
Reports To: Global Head of Alternatives Advisory Compliance, Boston
As a member of the Americas Alternatives Advisory Compliance team, this individual would assist in supporting the Americas alternatives investment teams, including BlackRock’s private equity, real assets, alternative solutions, and hedge fund of funds businesses. The candidate would also support the team responsible for alternatives deal sourcing.
The individual would support the preparation and review of policies and procedures, provide compliance support and analysis for business, firm-wide and Legal and Compliance initiatives, and be responsible for performing tasks related to various control functions administered by the team. In addition, there are many global policies, procedures and processes that require coordination with business and Legal and Compliance colleagues across the Americas and in the EMEA (Europe, Middle-East and Africa) and Asia Pacific regions.
Lastly, the individual would assist with several other centralized compliance functions that are administered by the Americas Investments Advisory Compliance team.
- Partner closely with the business, and serve as the primary point of contact for multiple alternatives investment teams for regulatory compliance questions, including those related to conflicts of interest, investment allocation, and the handling of MNPI
- Preparation and review of policies and procedures
- Implementation of compliance programs/controls frameworks relevant to regulatory risks and requirements around alternatives investing
- Execution of periodic testing and oversight of investment team activities
- Provide support and back-up for broader Americas Advisory Compliance related initiatives and tasks
- Assistance with client due diligence requests/meetings
- Analysis and implementation of existing and new regulations
- 10+ years of asset management compliance, consulting, or regulatory experience, preferably buy-side experience
- Strong knowledge of the US federal securities laws; knowledge of other US and non-US regulatory requirements (e.g., FCA, CFTC, OCC) a plus
- Strong track record supporting compliance frameworks related to alternatives investing, and subject matter expert in one or more of the following alternatives asset classes: Single Strategy Hedge Funds, Hedge Fund of Funds, Private Equity (Direct and Fund of Fund Investing), Real Estate Private Equity and Debt, Infrastructure Equity and Debt
- Attention to detail
- Effective project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects effectively, strong organizational skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong written/oral communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s or law degree preferred
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.