- Not Specified
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Apr 18 2018-04-21
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of December 31, 2017, the firm managed approximately $6.288 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
The Aladdin Alternatives team is an Agile development team that works in a fast-paced, results driven environment. Team members collaborate with colleagues across the organization and functional roles in many different regions around the globe with the goal of building an end-to-end Alternatives platform to support real estate, infrastructure, private equity and credit asset classes. Developers work closely with business stakeholders and project managers to meet development objectives while managing all aspects of the software development lifecycle.
We are currently seeking full stack and UI software developers responsible for development and support of software solutions for best-in-class web applications and services within the Aladdin Alternatives group.
This individual will develop high quality technology solutions across various aspects of the Alternatives business including products related to real assets, liquid and private equity investments; enhance and support existing enterprise-level line of business applications; participate in team talent development including training, presentations, and code review; create strong partnerships with end-users and other BlackRock team members; work well within a globally distributed team on all aspects of an agile SDLC; implement project deliverables that meet businesses requirements, audit/control requirements and are aligned with business and technology strategies.
* Bachelors or MS degree in Computer Science or engineering related field from a reputable university
* Strong programming skills in Java
* Experience in modern web application development
* 2+ years of large scale software development and deployment experience
* Strong foundation in Object-Oriented Analysis and Design as well as Design Patterns
* Web component/ES2015+ development experience with Angular and Typescript
* Experience in the financial industry, knowledge of financial products, real estate, or asset management
* Knowledge of distributed caching and computing
* Experience with big data solutions (Cassandra, hadoop, mangodb, spark…)
* Experience with Google protocol-buffers
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.