Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), with ~$1.5 trillion in assets under management is a client-centric organization dedicated to providing investment and risk-management solutions to a wide range of investors and institutions including corporations, pension plans, intermediaries, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, endowments and foundations, governments and consultant partners worldwide. With over four decades of asset management experience, our investment strategies span the risk/return spectrum across geographies, investment styles and asset classes, including equity, fixed income, alternatives and private markets. MSIM offers its clients personalized attention, the intelligence and creativity of some of the brightest professionals in the industry, and access to the global resources of Morgan Stanley.
MSIM manages portfolios of private equity, private credit, hedge funds, real estate, real assets, and multi-asset alternative investments on behalf of institutional and high net worth clients.
Global Alternative Investments Distribution Overview
The Global Alternative Investments Distribution Management team is responsible for all strategy management and capital raising activities for the Private Equity and Private Credit (PC&E) platform. Highlights & Key Responsibilities
The Alternative Investment Distribution team is seeking an articulate, results-oriented, and collaborative professional who will lead alternative client engagement and sales efforts.
- Responsible for developing and executing client engagement strategies for institutional clients for the PC&E business
- Partner with Institutional Sales generalists to drive all PC&E sales activity and client engagement
- Partner with the Alternatives Consultant Coverage team to generate PC&E research activity and to triangulate client/consulant relationships
- Ensure continuous client engagement for all PC&E strategies both actively in market and off-cycle
- Provide market color and client feedback to help shape the marketing efforts and capital raising strategies as well as drive the development of new products
- 8-10+ years' experience in alternative sales, preferably with external sales / distribution experience in an institutional setting (public and private pension funds, corporates, endowments/foundations and insurance companies)
- Strong understanding of private credit and private equity securities/investments, strategies and markets
- Ability to obtain and retain detailed knowledge of various investment strategies as well as the insight to establish opportunities for selling a suite of alternative products
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills, team-oriented and collaborative, disciplined and results orientated.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.