Alternative Solutions Product Development - Associate
Within the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management, the Alternative Investments team ("Alts") is a global team of experienced professionals based in New York, Hong Kong, London and Geneva whose goal is to identify and bring to J.P. Morgan's Wealth Management clients a diverse array of attractive alternative investment opportunities. The team looks broadly across private equity, real estate and hedge funds, and since inception in 1992, has brought over 150 investment opportunities to J.P. Morgan's Wealth Management clients, endowments and foundations. With over $100 billion of client capital invested across hedge funds, private equity and real estate opportunities, the team brings a unique perspective to sourcing and offering alternative investment opportunities. The Alts team uses a "best-of-breed" approach to source opportunities across its broad platform. A disciplined selection process enables the group to offer wealth management clients top quality investment opportunities from both within the firm and from outside of the firm through third-party managers. Close attention is paid to tax issues relevant to both U.S. and non-U.S. investors, and where possible the team seeks to leverage J.P. Morgan's expertise in generational planning in an effort to create tax-efficient investment vehicles for wealth management clients globally.
Position Summary The Alts Solutions Product Development Associate assumes a pivotal role on the deal team, supporting the senior deal captain in transaction management and overseeing designated projects. The Associate has regular interaction with senior executives within the J.P. Morgan Wealth Management as well as with fund management teams/principals and external service providers. The Associate will also have exposure to wealth management clients.
- Responsible for mid-stream transaction execution from late due diligence to fund launch.
- Utilize appropriate firm and industry resources to complete analysis of investment strategy, competitor funds and market positioning, as required.
- Work with the Solutions Product Development Team, internal/external legal counsel and tax colleagues to analyze and comment on offering materials, including the private placement memorandum, subscription documents and partnership agreements. Read/review all legal documents.
- Develop marketing materials including a flipbook presentation, executive summary and cover letters that present a clear, concise message that highlights the key marketing points and investment considerations to wealth management clients.
- Responsible for sign-off on subscription documents and working with internal/external legal counterparts to train marketing force regarding execution of documents.
- Review, identify and communicate any non-standard structural and operational issues to global middle office teams prior to launch of investment.
- Educate and advise Alts Marketing Team on each transaction to ensure that they are equipped to answer questions from regional teams regarding the investment opportunity.
- Coordinate ongoing relationship management with fund management teams, private bank marketers and internal and external service partners (e.g., middle office, fund administration and external counsel).
- Assist Alts due diligence team in monitoring investments post-placement including participating in quarterly update calls/meetings with issuers as required.
- Participate in strategic decisions related to Alts deal pipeline and organize offering calendar and all aspects of a transaction including: overseeing production and distribution of all offering/closing documents, legal documentation sign-off, and ensuring successful final closing, including funding, often under strict deadlines.
- Actively assist in addressing ad hoc issues (e.g. limited partner amendments, defaults, performance
and regulatory issues).
- Monitor and report on fundraising process to senior management.
- Provide input and new ideas to contribute to the development and enhancement of Alts' business strategy.
- Update quarterly marketing documents for open-ended hedge fund transactions.
- Informally supervise and provide guidance to junior Analyst colleagues.
2-3 yearsexperience working in project teams
Excellent writtenand oral communication skills
Excellentrelationship management and interpersonal skills
Demonstratedability to analyze and solve problems and to manage multiple tasks at once
Flexible teamplayer with ability to work independently
Strong interestin alternative investments preferred