Algorithmic Quant Strategist
What is the opportunity?
The purpose of this job is to research, design and implement automated agency execution strategies within liquid Fixed Income markets What will you do?
- Think analytically and propose innovative solutions to trading challenges
- Parse, clean and transform unstructured or time-series data into data sets that can be researched and analyzed
- Conduct statistical research to identify and isolate relevant feature sets that drive asset pricing, liquidity evolution.
- Develop software for pricing, hedging and routing orders to various exchange markets
- Provide trading support for algorithmic strategies
- Proactively identify operational risks/ control deficiencies in the business
- Review and comply with Firm Policies applicable to your business activities
- Escalate operational risk loss events, control deficiencies and risks that you identify to your line manager and the relevant risk and control functions promptly
- Meet with clients to educate and to promote RBC electronic trading services
What do you need to succeed?
- BA, MA or MS equivalent (Engineering, Computer Science or Financial Mathematics desired)
- Solid understanding and background in developing software in Python, R, C++, Java while utilizing best development practices (agile, TDD)
- Experience with KDB and time series data is a plus
- Experience with ION, Broadway Technologies and Fidessa APIs
- Understanding on FX, Exchange Traded Futures and UST is desirable
- Ability and curiosity to explore time series/unstructured data and formulate hypothesis that can be tested and verified
- Minimum of 2 years' experience
What's in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com . Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.