Aladdin Risk for Wealth Management Funds Modeling and Research
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Aladdin Risk for Wealth Management Funds Modeling and Research – Associate Business Unit Overview: BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is uniquely positioned to address the industry’s risk management, portfolio construction and financial technology demands. The various business departments within BRS are focused on providing clients
Aladdin Risk for Wealth Management Funds Modeling and Research – Associate
Business Unit Overview:
BlackRock Solutions (BRS) is uniquely positioned to address the industry’s risk management, portfolio construction and financial technology demands. The various business departments within BRS are focused on providing clients with highly scalable portfolio analytics & risk management, liability-driven investing & pension solutions, and regulatory advice & balance sheet strategy. BRS offers clients customized solutions powered by Aladdin, BlackRock’s proprietary risk management system.
The Aladdin Risk for Wealth management (ARWM) team within BRS leverages the same risk analytics used by $17 trillion of Institutional assets to equip wealth management clients with model construction capabilities, risk monitoring tools, and portfolio construction & analytics. ARWM partners with clients to help them oversee their enterprise risk, building better portfolios, enhancing their value proposition and institutionalizing their investment process.
We are seeking for an associate candidate who shows a strong aptitude for leveraging analytics and be a detail but yet a result-oriented individual to successfully model and deliver funds risk to client’s portfolios in a timely, efficient manner. The successful candidate will take a responsibility to improve the existing funds modeling framework and actively bring new innovative ideas to the team while understanding the needs of our clients as well as striving to explore and learn from the changes in landscape of wealth management industry.
- Develop and enhance modeling methodology to improve the efficiency and accuracy of funds models
- Implement and optimize the existing modeling process to become more scalable and transparent
- Collaborate with functional groups across the regions to deliver the modeled risk for clients’ portfolios in a timely, efficient manner
- Perform backtesting of both current and new funds models
- Perform fund exposure analysis, risk and performance analysis to bring insights of funds market
- Assist in both modeling and technical development documentations
- Respond to ad hoc request from both internal and external stakeholders in fund data and risk analysis
Skills and Qualifications:
- BS/MS in quantitative or technical discipline
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years of professional experience, both financial and technical service preferred
- Strong problem solving / analytical skills are required
- Strong proficiency in statistical programming languages such as R, Perl, Python and Scala
- Data Science skillsets including machine learning, NLP are plus
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, demanding and client-focused environment
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to both collaborate and work independently
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal
- Knowledge in Wealth Management Industry and Retail products (Mutual Funds, ETFs and etc.) is a strong plus
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statues protected by law.