Description About this role
The Aladdin Business is growing rapidly, with the volume and complexity of new client deals and strategic partnerships growing each year. We are at the next phase of our growth and are evolving into a platform focused business with multiple new product launches and external partnerships. A successful candidate will join in our efforts to craft the offering and help sophisticated investors incorporate sustainability analytics into their investment processes.
BlackRock's implementation model is unique in the sense that we take full responsibility for the Client going live on our solution. It also means that we develop true partnerships with our clients at the most senior levels, which continue to grow post go live. About Aladdin Implementations
The Aladdin Implementation Team is responsible for the installation and deployment of Aladdin and related products and services, globally. The Aladdin Implementations team leads high profile initiatives that require team members to have senior level exposure and play an active role in redefinition of investment organizations. The team leads engagements across both institutional and retail assignments. A typical implementation is at least as much about processes and implementing change as it is about investments & technology. Key Responsibilities
- Understand client objectives and goals paired with strong emotional ownership to deliver on solutions using Aladdin capabilities
- Engage the Client's key leaders to understand, redesign, and deploy strategic business workflows across the full spectrum of the investment cycle, including pre-trade decisioning, order management, trading, investment operations, risk management, compliance, oversight, closed-book accounting, or performance measurement & attribution
- Collaborate closely with the Client's senior management team (e.g., Chief Investment Officer, Chief Risk Officer, Head Portfolio Managers, Head of Investment Operations, Chief Technology Officer) and provide strong leadership throughout the Aladdin implementation
- Work directly with the Client to build and coordinate the implementation project plan, as well as the coordination of resources across multiple functional areas
- Lead and document investment and operational workflow design sessions for various asset classes, including equities, fixed income, alternatives, derivatives, and related workflows
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of Aladdin functionality and workflows, as well as industry expertise (e.g., pensions, insurers, asset managers) to ensure clients take full advantage of the suite of Aladdin products and workflows
- Lead, coordinate, and assist in client-specific Aladdin configuration, testing and user training
- Work closely with the Client and Aladdin Product Managers to support client development needs
- Work closely with the Client and key internal functional teams to ensure the full range of capabilities are considered during an Aladdin implementation to ensure standard methodologies are achieved
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities, assisting in platform demonstrations, implementation pre-planning, or client due diligence, as a product/workflow subject matter authority
- Actively lead client communications regarding Aladdin product changes and configurations, as related to Aladdin onboarding
- Aid in developing improved practices to make the Implementation model more efficient with each new implementation
- Develop positive relationships within BlackRock Solutions and BlackRock to ensure the best client experience
Nice if you have
- Deep understanding of investment operations, investment accounting, front office, or investment risk as a provider or practitioner, with 8+ years of relevant industry experience
- Experience implementing scalable and repeatable business processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build relationships with internal and client senior management
- Superior communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to manage several priorities with a hands-on approach
- Strong familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, private markets, derivatives), either analytically or via strong knowledge of investment life cycle
- Excellent creative, analytical and computer skills with an entrepreneurial approach to large, complex projects, and ability to execute autonomously
- Enjoys a fast paced, high-intensity and complex environment, troubleshooting time critical issues and working with people
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail; willing to take proactive action, and desire to roll up sleeves
- Fluency (written and oral) in both English and Spanish preferred
- Expected to travel periodically, including international opportunities
- Track record of leading successful implementations of investment technology solutions (order/trading systems, risk platforms, operations tools)
- Working experience in investment risk management, fixed-income, equity and derivative markets and solid understanding of the investment lifecycle.
- Programming background or experience with query languages desired
- Served as a provider or market practitioner in the areas of portfolio management, trading, investment operations, investment accounting, risk management, or data warehousing
- Deep investment subject matter and investment workflow expertise
- Experience with order management systems, electronic trading platforms, or derivative platforms
- Understanding of investment risk (e.g., sustainability analytics, market risk analytics)
- Familiarity with buy-side institutional investment management process
- Experience with platform integrations (e.g., interfaces, APIs)
- Line management experience
- Project management experience (e.g., PMP)
- MBA, CFA, or FRM preferred
- SQL, Python, VBA experience a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.