Aladdin Business, Accounting Platform, Associate
Description About this role
As we evolve the Aladdin Platform and accelerate our Accounting strategy, Associate - Aladdin Platform Development
will play a meaningful role in extending Aladdin's capabilities in Accounting while continuing to advance our core offering. The specialist will focus on delivering technology solutions & large-scale programs to expand our existing business model to new client segments and different types of Aladdin users, while maintaining an integrated platform.
A successful candidate will have shown strength in leading extensive platform integrations requiring a balance or project management, technology implementation, product development, and process engineering ensuring client success and driving commercial outcomes.
About Aladdin & Aladdin Accounting:
Aladdin is our operating system for managing financial portfolios. It unites the information, people, and technology needed to manage money in real time at every step of the investment process. Aladdin exists so that every financial professional can see, understand, and act with clarity. Aladdin combines sophisticated risk analytics with comprehensive portfolio management, trading, and operations tools on a single platform to power informed decision-making. The platform builds a connective tissue for thousands of users investing worldwide. Aladdin Accounting offers customized investment accounting services to a broad range of global financial institutions. Aladdin Accounting provides flexible solutions to specific client needs, including:
- Data management
- Trade and custody operations
- Derivative operations
- Production of accounting reports in multiple bases (US GAAP, UK GAAP, IFRS, Statutory, and Tax)
- Comprehensive custodian reconciliation and performance measurement
- Work closely with Aladdin product managers and engineers to foster the value proposition of the Aladdin Accounting platform and successfully implement technology solutions.
- Meeting with partners to make communication easy and transparent regarding project status and decisions on services.
- Ensure strategic builds are coordinated efficiently among the collective internal partners and ensure engagement toward the Aladdin Accounting vision remains a focus.
- Coordinate with clients and the broader 1Aladdin & BlackRock production teams to optimize processes, system usage, and optimize platform capabilities
- Provide investment expertise on various conventional (i.e., bonds/fixed income, equities, bank loans, etc.) and non-conventional investment types (i.e., Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, Derivatives) building proficiency as client needs evolve.
- Participate in Aladdin business development activities, assisting in system validations and due diligence meetings with prospective clients.
- 4-6 years of work experience in the financial services industry
- Experience building OMS / Accounting products and/or successful track record in technology implementations of investment software
- Knowledge of the following asset classes: Securities, Alternatives, Mortgage Loans, or Derivatives
- A working understanding of SQL, UNIX shell, or a modern programming language
- Be client focused, proficiency working within a collaborative team, and be passionate about providing a high quality of service to the client
- Post Graduate Experience, CFA, or CPA, a plus
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills, with aptitude to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to clients
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize with a hands-on approach, ability to schedule and manage tasks effectively, conflict resolution, problem solving, risk management.
- Knowledge/experience in US GAAP and/or Statutory accounting for investments
- Proven track record to influence cross-functional teams, from presenting conceptual ideas to execution
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.