- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 23 Apr 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
Overview : This role reports to the New York, VP of Office and Administrative Services and has oversight of the day-to-day supervisory duties of administrative assistants in order to ensure efficient client service to the IPs they support.
Key activities of this role include : Interacting with all levels of management regarding situations that may contain sensitive, personal and confidential topics. Attention to fairness and perception must be a constant focus of this position.
1. Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Develop and manage strong relationships with administrative assistants and managers.
- Set goals and objectives and actively manage performance to meet business needs.
- Provide development, mentoring and coaching.
• Collaborate with other Supervisors, Managers and Sr. Coordinators to discuss best practices.
• Plan and coordinate team building events.
- Participate in the annual compensation/promotion process.
- Oversee Concur expenses and reconciliation practices.
- Approve travel exceptions per specified guidelines.
- Understand CRM, UMW and ReadSoft, and any system used by the admin team.
- Maintain various distribution lists.
- Approve time and update vacation schedules in eTime/Fieldglass for administrative staff.
2. Staffing Updates and Communications:
• Conduct regular staff meetings.
• Provide staffing updates to managers and assistants regarding new hires and changing assignments.
• Work with Office Manager to review headcount forecast.
• Lead the recruiting and interviewing process.
• Make hiring recommendations.
• Manage new hire orientation/training schedules.
• Coordinate internal moves, changes and new hire setups.
• Meet, greet and assist new employees as they acclimate to office environment.
• Execute and manage resources assigned to special projects and tasks.
• Understand and develop policies and procedures and be a resource for handling special requests.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people of all levels.
- Able to analyze/interpret difficult situations, and quickly make recommendations for resolutions.
- Capacity to work independently and manage multiple priorities.
- Exceptional organizational ability and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Two-year college degree is preferred but not required.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office