Administrative Assistant, Private Equity
Job Description: Administrative Assistant Role, Private Equity: Job Description & Responsibilities:
With $159 billion of assets under management, Blackstone's private equity business has been a global leader since 1985. We uncover value by identifying great companies and enhancing their performance by providing strategic capital and outstanding management talent. We aim to grow stronger enterprises, create jobs, and enable our portfolio companies to build lasting value for our investors, their employees and all stakeholders. This role supports and assists a Senior Executive, the Global Head of Private Equity, along with the executive's internal and external clients and stakeholders. This is a supporting role to the Executive Assistant. Responsibilities will include:
- Work collaboratively across Blackstone business groups and within the Private Equity team, locally and internationally
- Interface with external clients/business colleagues
- Answer multiple phone lines and act as a gatekeeper
- Assist in managing a complex calendar - schedule, confirm and coordinate meetings internally & externally and with other Assistants across the firm; make Executive aware of conflicts
- Schedule conference rooms for internal and external meetings
- Oversee scheduling of Executive's personal conference room
- Work with Executive Assistant to keep Executive on schedule, be aware of his location at all times
- Work with Executive Assistant to coordinate complex travel arrangements, domestic and international
- Track and process invoices and complete detailed monthly expense reports
- Track down and produce receipts from hotels, restaurants, etc.
- Meet and greet guests, register guests in the firm visitor system
- Order supplies as needed; prepare outgoing mail, FedEx/UPS packages as needed
- Maintain files for Executive as requested, prepare file folders
- Handle light needs/requests from Executive's spouse/family
- Work on various ad-hoc special projects
- Ability to multi-task and maintain calm in fast paced environment
- Discretion and judgment in handling confidential and time sensitive material
- Detail oriented, responsive, good problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Good social interaction and professional demeanor
- Proficient in MS Office
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered " prefer not to say "). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit
at the bottom of this form.