As a Barclays Administrative Assistant within US banking, you will have the opportunity to provide full secretarial support for the healthcare coverage team. This is an exciting opportunity to work with multiple individuals and have a wide array of exposure to our business. There will be times you will get to manage special projects within your area and liaise with senior stakeholders.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We've helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
This opportunity is open to flexible working arrangements. Such as working from home, flexible or compressed hours, and part-time options. If you have a need for flexibility, please apply and discuss this with us during the hiring process. What will you be doing?
• Providing a high level of administrative support to the investment banking teams (8-15 individuals)
• Scheduling and coordinating meetings/events; maintaining busy appointment calendars
• Arranging and coordinate travel schedules and reservations including flights, hotels, and ground transportation
• You will be answering, screening, and routing telephone calls; respond to inquiries from internal and external clients and liaise with senior level individuals throughout the Firm
• Handling correspondence, including drafting replies and composing letters and memos
• Acting as a backup for other assistants in the office as and when required
• You will handle various special projects as they arise What we're looking for:
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite
• Great attention to detail
• Flexible and adaptable in all situations
• Ability to meet deadlines Skills that will help you in the role:
• Have a patience attitude
• Effective time management skills
• Organizational skills
• Previous financial institutional experience Where will you be working?
You will be working at our Americas Headquarters at 745 Seventh Avenue. This 37-story office tower is located in Times Square in the heart of Manhattan and features a cafeteria, fitness center and state-of-the-art LED signage on the facade of the building.