- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Nuveen Investments
- 20 Oct 17 2017-10-20
Nuveen is the investment management arm of TIAA. It is one of the largest global asset managers with specialist knowledge across a wide array of asset classes, including fixed income, equities and alternatives. Nuveen is driven not only by the independent investment processes across the firm, but also the insights, risk management, analytics and other tools and resources a truly world-class platform provides. As a global asset manager, our mission is to work in partnership with our clients to create outcome-focused solutions to help them secure their financial future. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
Nuveen Natural Resources is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join their team and contribute to the overall success of the group by providing ongoing administrative support. Primary responsibilities are to support the operational day to day duties for Nuveen Natural Resources and their respective teams. All tasks, responsibilities and assignments must be completed with the highest level of quality and confidentiality. The ideal candidate should have an exceptional level of customer service and problem solving skills, the ability to work well in teams, manage change and possess excellent communication skills.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Primary administration support for the Head of Nuveen Natural Resources and MD of Sustainability and Client Engagement.
- Serve as a contact and administrative support for the Nuveen Global Investments management team in the New York office.
- Scheduling and calendar management, as well as follow-up calls, confirmations and distribution of meeting materials
- Coordinating team meetings, miscellaneous presentations, training sessions and other team events and activities
- Arranging office facilities - scheduling meeting rooms/audio-visual conference calls/recordings/catering as needed
- Coordinating travel arrangements
- Preparing and submitting expense reports; approving expense reports
- Running and preparing reports
- Addressing general employee questions and inquiries
- Compiling information and populating PowerPoint presentations
- Ordering office supplies and equipment, and acting as liaison for equipment maintenance issues
- Maintaining organization charts and distribution lists
- On-boarding new hires and off-boarding departing team members
- Managing time-keeping
- Researching administrative matters and referring questions and issues to appropriate staff or department for further information and problem resolution.
- Managing delivery of mail and incoming correspondences
- Updating/Maintaining team SharePoint sites, admin folders and miscellaneous tracking systems
- Acting as liaison for vendors and ensuring payment of office-related invoices
- Creating internal/external correspondence using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Assisting the group with invoicing and billing and other duties as needed.
- Assist with ad hoc projects and annual initiatives.
- Serve as a back-up for the Executive Assistant to the President of Nuveen Global Investments.
* 2 - 5 years of Administrative experience required
* High School Diploma required
* High degree of proficiency in MS-Office Professional: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
* Strong organizational andtimemanagement skills
* Ability to maintain high integrity and confidentiality
* Bachelors Degree
* SharePoint, Concur and/or other system knowledge
* Detail oriented and proactive
* Team player, self-starter, flexible with time
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to manage multiple working relationships with professionalism
* Able to multi-task and perform tasks in a fast-paced, team oriented environment with high accuracy
*Strong interpersonal skills and ability to apply them at all levels internally and externally
* Ability to step outside of the scope and accountability of principal responsibilities
Equal Employment Opportunity is not just the law, it's our commitment. Read more about the Equal Employment Opportunity Law .
If you need assistance applying due to being visually or hearing impaired, please email Careers Help .