- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jan 18
Actuarial Client Support
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Actuarial Client Support specialist deals directly with our clients on a daily basis to provide actuarial support, training and advice on best practices for implementing models in AXIS. They will also work on documentation for clients and assist in research projects that provide exposure to state of the art actuarial science and its application to real problems. The Client Support Specialist is a member of the Client Support Focus Area for a particular product team.
- "Help Desk". This is the primary method for handling ad-hoc client inquiries on using the software and includes:
- Help desk assignments at least once per week; must be available 9am - 6pm EST.
- Acknowledging, reviewing and prioritizing initial calls and emails from clients.
- Researching and answering client questions as quickly as possible and adhering to all company standards.
- Ensuring contact with the client (outside of acknowledgements) within prescribed timeframes.
- General Client Support. (Also applies to Help Desk responsibilities, carryovers from help desk, as well as direct contacts from clients).
- Investigate and analyze client questions / problems as required.
- Ensure that you understand what the client is trying to do.
- Investigate whether solutions already exist within AXIS, and if not discuss with developers whether new features may be required.
- For more complex issues, work with other GGY resources to assist as required.
- Keep clients informed of the status of any investigations which may require time to determine an answer.
- Document all contact with clients, problems and resolutions in Job/IR discussions.
- Directing clients to existing explanatory material (e.g. KB's, Help text, reconciliation spreadsheets).
- Creation of additional explanatory material where needed to answer client inquiry.
- Help develop business specifications for new features
- After a new feature is deemed to be required, serve as liaison between GGY and client.
- Determine client importance and urgency with respect to delivery of feature.
- Ensure that GGY understands the client's business issues and that the feature to be delivered covers this off.
- Work with developers to prepare business specification documents.
- Send specifications to client for approval.
- Testing of new features and bug fixes as required
- Work with the developers and clients for any given feature or bug fix to determine a formal testing plan to ensure the feature or fix is functioning as expected.
- Perform & sign off prescribed testing of feature in line with the release schedule.
- May include developing job-specific data to be used for future testing by the QA team.
- Conduct in-house, web-based, and on-site training:
- Preparation for and delivery of training on specific modules or topics.
- Ensure pre-training administrative steps are completed both internal (e.g. send training summary plan to client) and external (completion of WBT by clients).
- Know audience and adjust communication style as required.
- Participate in Interest Groups & Working Groups for your areas of interest or expertise
- May include assisting in researching various industry topics.
- Assist in providing information to employees for various purposes either on an Ad-hoc or formal basis.
- Client Management
- Assist Relationship Managers and Client Coordinators in researching client request status as directed
- "Project" Work
- Update formal training material as needed.
- Develop explanatory articles/spreadsheets for topics as needed.
- Develop/expand Sample data for delivery with the software.
- Other Duties as assigned.
GGY a Moody's Analytics Company is an actuarial software company located in Toronto, Ontario, devoted to developing, maintaining, and supporting GGY AXIS. This is an integrated, full-featured actuarial software product used in Canada, US and around the world.
- Minimum requirement is ASA and working towards FSA with equivalent work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in the life insurance industry in Canada or the US in a client support or similar capacity.
- Experience in life, annuity or health in areas such as pricing, valuation, corporate modeling, risk management, ALM, stochastic modeling work, hedging.
- Some client contact and training will be at their offices so some travel is required.
- Client service oriented.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication (listening and questioning) skills.
- Ability to research information and explain it clearly.
- Presentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to assess (e.g. diagnosing and summarising priority needs).
- Excellent record keeping ability.
- Adept at building and maintaining relationships with a wide range of people.
- Administrative and report writing skills.
- Organisational and time-management skills, including ability to meet targets.
- Confidence in group situations.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.