Accounting Policy (U.S. GAAP), Director
Accounting Policy Team
The Accounting Policy Team of Mizuho's U.S. operation provides support in response to a rapidly changing business environment as well as internal and external requirements. This team will bridge the gap between technical accounting policies and business practices, manage and oversee the accounting function, and monitor the application of accounting policies across the organization. Summary
This position will support senior management in ensuring adherence to industry best practices and compliance with U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles). The ideal candidate will be able to apply industry best practices across Mizuho's entire U.S. operation. The position requires wide-breadth and in-depth expertise in US GAAP as well as extensive experience in financial reporting pertaining to financial institutions. Core Responsibilities:
- Design and develop the Accounting Policy function, and operationalize such function for Mizuho's U.S. entities, including banking entities, broker-dealer, swap-house, leasing and other subsidiaries
- Obtain a full understanding of the current accounting treatment of each product at each entity, guide the entities to arrive at the appropriate and most suitable accounting treatments, and standardize accounting treatments across the entities
- Control materiality of deviations from requirements and objectives, if any
- Suggest streamlining and possibly alignment of Mizuho's infrastructure
- Assess business, financial and other impacts of new accounting standards
- Benchmark Mizuho's accounting policies to industry standards
- Educate Mizuho's executives to understand significant changes and impacts
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial reporting and industry standards, and serve as Mizuho's internal accounting guide
- Interact with senior management, Mizuho entities and auditors for updates and issues
- Manage and solve other relevant projects/issues that may arise on an ad-hoc basis
- Bachelor's degree
- Wide-breadth and in-depth expertise in US GAAP
- Experience in financial reporting for financial institutions
- Experience in an accounting policy functions is a plus
- Strong analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Professional CPA certification is preferred
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho's operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho Bank Ltd. offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO/AA Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran.
We participate in the E-Verify program.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.