Accounting Control Specialist - Temp
Schroders is seeking an Accounting Control Specialist to join our Accounting Controls and Performance department. The Accounting Controls and Performance department falls under the larger Operations umbrella at Schroders. This role will be part of a the New York Operations Hub which supplements the firm's operations hubs in the United Kingdom and Singapore. The ideal person will have some prior experience and ambition to develop his/her career further within the Investment Manage/Financial Services Industry. We are also seeking a self-motivated, highly organized individual who is able to work as part of a global team and meet strict deadlines. As the primary focus of this role will be on fixed income portfolios, knowledge/experience with this asset class is desired. Accounting Controls Overview
The Accounting Controls department is responsible for the control and monitoring of accounting data integrity. Accounting Controls undertakes the validation of investment records provided to Portfolio Managers on a daily / intra-day basis through the resolution of issues arising from reconciliations. Aligned to the Investment and Distribution divisions of Schroders, Accounting Controls are responsible for the production and delivery of periodic and ad-hoc operational client reports such as client valuations. The department has critical dependencies on all other Operations functions for timely, accurate and complete information. Responsibilities
- Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and follow up of queries arising from fund managers, fund managers' assistants, clients, custodians and administrators.
- Ownership of exception resolution through daily review procedures, including overdrafts, cash flows, NAV reconciliations and custodian stock/cash reconciliations.
- Produce and verify periodic and ad hoc reports of client investment positions and transactions in accordance with agreed format, data content and scheduling requirements.
- Working directly with counterparts across Client Support and Performance, input to, agree and manage schedules for production of client reporting.
- Ensure timely resolution of production issues in accordance with deadlines.
- Provide information from internal accounting or external counterparty records as requested and ensure timely resolution of queries arising from Accounting Controls activities.
- Work through high volumes, prioritise and manage work loads according to risk or deadlines.
- Oversee account transitions to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained for new/lost clients and any new/changing reporting requirements are addressed.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Candidate will ideally have a minimum 1 - 2 years' industry experience, preferably in investment accounting or reconciliations.
- Knowledge of fixed income, alternative assets, equity and derivative products desirable.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with professionals and clients at all levels.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team orientation with ability to work independently.
- Ability to understand and explain relatively complex concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Must be thorough with superior attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities while meeting specified deadlines.
- Excellent judgement and problem solving skills; escalate issues as appropriate.
- An interest in and knowledge development of global investment markets, investment instruments as well as Schroders' products and clients.
- Knowledge of internal accounting and external counterparty systems.
- Experience in the Securities or Fund Management industry preferred or related coursework.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Understanding of the applications in Schroders system architecture and its inter-dependencies or ability to learn afore mentioned systems in a timely manner .
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. EEO/Affirmative Action
Schroder Investment Management North America Inc. is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, intellectual disability, mental disability or physical disability, including, but not limited to, blindness, or protected veteran status.