- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- China International Capital Corporation (US) Ltd
- 15 Apr 19
The role is primarily responsible for providing support to the Financial Control Manager.
The role is primarily responsible for providing support to the Financial Control Manager. The job duties associated with this role include but not limited to:
- Assist in preparing monthly stand-alone and/or consolidated financial reports for the direct supervisor to review.
- Process the journal entries, general ledgers, account analysis, reconciliations, revenue and expense accruals and variance analyses.
- Assist with accounts receivable and accounts payable, bank reconciliations, intercompany schedules and other accounting transactions.
- Register and review employees’ expense reports and corporate card claim reports
- Issue service invoices for EQ and IB departments and prepare check requests for payments
- Coordinate with internal and external auditors on corporate audits and review.
- Assist in preparing regulatory reports, for example, FINRA focus report & SSOI.
- Participate in treasury function operations such as capital and petty cash management.
- Conduct daily process for trading and settlement data and maintain fixed assets schedule and its financial files.
- Provide trainings to new employees related to certain financial policies, such as expenses reimbursement, fixed assets procurement.
- Supervise interns related to financial controls and provide necessary training on related accounting systems.
- Assist in testing and implementing company’s proprietary settlement/clearance systems.
- Assist in monitoring internal financial control processes procedures and recommend improvements.
- Assist in any financial or accounting projects the firm may require.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have good understanding of the GAAP
- Strong numerical skill and able to handle and analyze large volume of data
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of life-cycle of stock operations and regulatory for security broker dealer is an advantage
- Good communication skill in Mandarin and English
- Good team player with excellent inter-personal skills
- Able to work as a team and independently
- 2 years or more relevant work experience
- B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or Finance is required (CPA is desirable)