Account Manager, Strategic Accounts
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's client management team is comprised of client-facing relationship management and sales professionals who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success. We work with PIMCO's clients and prospects around the world to better understand their investment objectives, deliver appropriate solutions and deepen partnerships.
PIMCO is seeking an account manager to join the US GWM Strategic Accounts Group, dedicated to covering global private banks, national and regional banks and retail platforms. The position will reside in the Private Banks, Trusts and Retail Platforms channel within the broader PIMCO US GWM Strategic Accounts team which consists of 45+ investment professionals and associates with a presence in PIMCO's New York and Newport Beach offices.
The Account Manager serves an important and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of supporting the channel's growth and expansion efforts. This person will work closely with the broader Client Management team to achieve the client servicing and business growth goals of the group. The team is seeking to hire a business development professional to market PIMCO's capabilities across asset classes (fixed income, equities, alternatives, etc.). The role will be based in New York City.
- Drive sales across the full spectrum of PIMCO investment solutions by developing and managing strategic partnerships with banks and platforms
- Educate clients about a broad set of investment strategies and build relationships across client organizations
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs, organizational structure, business considerations and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
- Quarterback firm resources (e.g., Portfolio Managers, Product & Solutions Strategists, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Account Associates) to deliver industry leading client servicing, solutions and investment content
- Manage and coordinate the activity of account associates for attribution analysis, reporting preparation, development of presentation material and industry research
- Outline the firm's current economic outlook and portfolio strategy
- Contribute to the broader team and firm by sharing client and sales insights, and best practices
- Gain an understanding of competitive landscape within in the wealth management industry and develop strategy to position PIMCO to win business
- Travel to attend client meetings, client related events and industry conferences
- 5+ years of experience in client servicing and business development and strong understanding of the sales process
- Track record of successfully selling products across the investment spectrum
- Solid knowledge of the investment industry and a deep understanding of fixed income investing
- Self-starter who can navigate organizations vertically and influence partnership-driven client relationships
- Ability to drive results in close collaboration with fellow Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals
- Outstanding communication skills; must exhibit the ability to clearly and concisely articulate PIMCO capabilities to sophisticated investors, both in written work and presentations to large and small audiences
- Strong analytical abilities; capacity to blend the quantitative with the qualitative. Able to listen to client needs and deliver solutions
- Ability to initiate and lead discussion - intellectually curious, thoughtful; consultative approach; cultivate meaningful relationships with clients and colleagues
- Undergraduate degree is required. An advanced degree and/or CFA/CAIA is preferred
- Series 7, 63, 3 and other applicable licenses, or ability to obtain immediately upon joining
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office