Account Manager, Private Client Group
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 25 Apr 19
Account Manager, Private Client Group
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO's US Global Wealth Management (GWM) group is comprised of client-facing professionals who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success with financial advisors, registered investment advisors, multi-family offices, bank trusts, and other types of financial intermediaries. We represent PIMCO to our clients and prospective clients and seek to deliver investment solutions that leverage PIMCO's position as one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers.
The Private Client Group (PCG), in particular, is responsible for fostering, growing, and strengthening relationships with some of the most complex and sophisticated Registered Investment Advisors (RIA's) Multi-Family Offices, Bank Trusts, and regional centers of influence by delivering the firm's full breadth of thought leadership and investment solutions.
The Private Client Group Account Manager is a highly sales oriented and driven professional who will be responsible for providing dedicated coverage and expertise within their respective region to drive greater market share and asset flows for PIMCO within the RIA, Bank Trust, and Multi-Family Office client base. This role covers the Eastern seaboard with specific state(s) / territory to be determined.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect directly into sophisticated independent RIA's ($500 Million AUM+), Bank Trusts, and Multi-Family offices to develop a deep understanding of their needs
- Drive visibility, education, awareness, and asset flow, effectively positioning the full suite of PIMCO's capabilities, and own a book of sophisticated RIA, Multi-Family Office, Bank Trust, and prospect relationships, with a focus (though not exclusively) on alternative strategies
- Interface with key touch points to understand their business and client engagement model, driving opportunities for PIMCO. This includes interactions with Chief Investment Officers (CIO's), Research Directors & Analysts, and Portfolio Managers
- Clearly communicate PIMCO's broader investment process, strategy performance, and economic outlook to clients and prospects
- Provide thought leadership in identifying new business opportunities and supporting strategic initiatives to grow the firm's presence in the wealth management space, in particular among RIAs and Multi-Family Offices
- Contribute to efforts to promote PIMCO alternatives within the wealth management channel through conferences and other events
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree. An advanced degree such as an MBA is preferred for this role, though candidates with a CFA or CAIA designation will also be considered
- Minimum 10 years of sales experience (ideally with some experience in private credit and registered alternative vehicles)
- Demonstrated track record selling complex solutions and building a strong pipeline of future opportunities to registered investment advisors, multi-family offices, or other sophisticated investors (institutional experience will also be considered)
- Collaborative approach to covering clients, with the ability to leverage all of PIMCO (product strategists, portfolio managers, solutions, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to develop, monetize, and maintain strong relationships with sophisticated buyers
- Series 7, 63, 3 and other applicable licenses, or ability to obtain immediately upon joining
- Willingness to travel extensively throughout the Eastern United States
PROFESSIONAL SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), facilitation, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to build relationships, influence others, and communicate complex investment ideas
- A highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work within a demanding and highly focused environment
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization in a team environment, interacting with all departments
- Ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high-energy, self-starter, accountable.
- Personable and credible, ability to influence and develop client relationships into strategic partnerships
- Passion for financial markets, macroeconomics,, and investment strategy
- Able to listen to client needs and forge solutions
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office