Account Manager, Financial Institutions Group
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.22 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,000 employees in 20 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO's Client Management team is comprised of client-facing relationship management and business development professionals who are directly responsible for contributing to the firm's success. We work with PIMCO's clients and prospects around the world to better understand their investment objectives, deliver investment solutions and deepen partnerships.
PIMCO is seeking an account manager to join the Financial Institutions Group ("FIG"), dedicated to covering insurance companies and banks. The position will reside in the PIMCO FIG Insurance and Bank Account Management team of 25+ investment professionals and associates with a presence in all three PIMCO U.S. offices (New York, Newport Beach, Austin).
The Account Manager serves an important and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of supporting FIG's client retention and expansion efforts. This person will work closely with the broader Client Management team to achieve the client servicing and business growth goals of the group.
- Senior investment professionals at insurance companies, banks and industry consultants
- PIMCO Investment Professionals including Account Managers, Product Specialists, Portfolio Managers, and Account Associates
- Various departments including but not limited to Solutions & Analytics, Legal & Compliance, Marketing, Operations and Technology
- Develop knowledge of PIMCO's product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, and performance history
- Build and influence partnership-driven client relationships.
- Develop a deep understanding of client needs, organizational structure and industry trends to position client-centric solutions
- Articulate strategy level performance attribution, market performance and macroeconomic conditions while incorporating the firm's current economic outlook and portfolio strategy.
- Quarterback firm resources (e.g., Portfolio Managers, Product & Solutions Strategists, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Account Associates) to deliver industry leading client servicing, solutions and investment content
- Manage and coordinate the activity of account associates for attribution analysis, reporting preparation, development of presentation material and industry research
- Travel, attend client meetings, client related events and industry conferences
Education and Experience
- Strong understanding of industry themes (business trends, regulatory, corporate finance) across insurance segments (e.g., life, health, P&C, reinsurance)
- Proficiency discussing strategies and respective insurance regulatory and accounting implications
- Strong insurance industry contacts and successful track record servicing and building business
- Thorough understanding of PIMCO strategies (alternatives, core, non-core, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, public speaking / presentation and written communication skills
- Capital markets expertise (fixed income, equities, real assets, etc.)
- MBA or equivalent from a top program
- Other advanced certificate (e.g., CFA / CAIA, CPA, FSA, FRM)
- Undergraduate degree from a top university and strong academic record
- 5-10 years prior experience with insurance industry coverage and knowledge, such as insurance asset management distribution, investment banking and investment consulting
- Insurance and bank investment regulatory knowledge (e.g., NAIC Risk-Based Capital) and /or accounting experience (e.g., GAAP and Statutory accounting)
- FINRA Licenses: 3, 7, 63
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office