Account Manager, Field Sales
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.02 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,050 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
Responsible for generating sales and building relationships in a defined geographic territory (including Colorado and New Mexico) for the full suite of PIMCO funds. This individual will manage relationships across a broad set of financial advisors. Must possess superior sales skills, a thorough understanding of PIMCO's products and services as well as an advanced understanding of the financial advisory business. Location: This position is based remotely in Colorado or New Mexico
- Achieve Sales Metrics
- Primary responsibility is to drive sales to achieve and surpass net and gross sales and activity goals for the territory on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Work with PIMCO management (specifically, Divisional Sales Manager) to formulate, execute and accomplish a territory business plan that adheres to the guiding principles of keeping a long term perspective and maintaining a consultative sales approach.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of PIMCO's products, platforms, themes, initiatives, markets, strategies, and policies as well as those of its sub-advisors and client firms.
- Maintain highest level of compliance with all industry, client firm, and PIMCO regulations
- Develop a travel schedule that maximizes coverage in designated territory to achieve the following metrics:
- Schedule, conduct and follow-up on activities based on agreed upon goals. Activities include, group, one on one, educational seminars and client entertainment.
- Contact all top Financial Advisors on at least a quarterly basis.
- Develop a productive working relationship with other significant producers and prospects in the territory.
- Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with key regional contacts at "focus firm" broker dealers.
- Comply with all travel and expense reimbursement and activity reporting in a timely manner.
SUPPORT PIMCO BUSINESS OBJECTIVES
- Represent PIMCO as needed at national, regional, and local conferences and training events.
- Provide feedback to PIMCO management on product demand, sales trends and client satisfaction.
- You are expected to fully embrace and seek personal and professional educational opportunities sponsored by PIMCO.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Excellent communication skills
- Series 7, 63, and 65 licenses required
- Minimum of 5 years in a client facing role at the associate level or higher
- CFA and/or MBA a plus
- Candidate must be located (or relocate) to the defined territory which includes CO and NM
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills for group and individual sales presentations.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills required to create meaningful and long-term relationships with financial advisors.
- Thorough knowledge of PIMCO products and ability to present them in a consultative manner based on client needs.
- Excellent partnership skills.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office