- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Feb 18
Account Manager - Content Licensing
Location: New York, NY, USAThe Specialist ("CLG Specialist") is responsible for selling to a selection of Moody's Analytics ("MA") clients and prospects in an Americas Region sub-territory for the Content Licensing Group ("CLG). Clients include banks, insurers, asset managers, finance companies, government bodies and corporations as well as distributors. The CLG Specialist covers the licensing of the Moody's Ratings feeds for small accounts receiving our ratings via various distributors of our ratings.
The Content Licensing Sales Specialist is a sales person responsible for the overall commercial success of MA in his or her territory. Successful CLG sales specialists create their own success by displaying some or all of the following:
- Developing and executing on territory business plans
- Developing and maintaining knowledge of industry practices in credit, risk management and regulatory compliance.
- Gaining and maintaining familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate license for MA products usage.
- Generating, qualifying and converting new leads through networking and prospecting and executing sales campaigns at existing accounts.
- Identifying and translating client-based needs into compelling license solutions that create tangible benefits to our clients.
- Demonstrating the superiority and value of MA's solutions to potential and existing clients.
- Managing sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve sales specialists and management where appropriate. Executing strong negotiation skills and strategies to bring sales cycles to successful closure.
- Providing current sales forecasts and sales pipeline information to management on a regular basis.
- Introducing sales leads to other business units where appropriate.
- Limited travel to and within the territory.
The Content Licencing Group covers the licensing of the Moody's Ratings feeds for accounts receiving our ratings via various distributors of our ratings.
- Degree educated (or equivalent), preferably gained in a finance, numerical or sciences discipline.
- 2+ years of experience working within or selling into capital markets, banking and/or insurers.
- Financial data sales experience preferred but not necessary.
- Solid understanding of the financial markets as well as the market players.
- Entrepreneurial style, drive and sense of urgency, coupled with the ability to work well with others as part of a solution team.
- Strong problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to work autonomously with minimal supervision, yet integrate appropriately with sales teams and other areas within MA when necessary.
- Strong interpersonal/relationship building skills and able to successfully manage multiple client relationships.
- Strong negotiation skills and able to influence key decision makers during the sales process.
- Highly organized and good time management skills.
- Must have the motivation and ability to excel in an intense, high energy, selling environment.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.