- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
Location: New York, NY, USAWhat does a Sales Development Representative (SDR) at Moody's Analytics do?
As a SDR at Moody's Analytics you will be responsible for identifying and creating new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts for an assigned territory focused on financial instituions across the U.S. You will manage the inbound lead activity in your territory, qualifying active buying interest and developing sales opportunities in prospect accounts. You will also coordinate with your lead and sales counterparts to determine the accounts that require research and prospecting activities to secure a sufficient flow of additional qualified opportunities. An implicit responsibility of this role is to conduct business dealings in a way that creates a superior prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow-up, as well as future product sales. You will interact with both internal teams and external prospects, therefore diligence, attention to detail, multi-tasking and prioritization are keys to success in this role.
Prospect, educate, qualify, and develop target accounts and inbound leads to create sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Interact with prospects via telephone and email
- Generate prospective client opportunities through cold-calling campaigns
- Research accounts, identify key players, generate interest and develop accounts to stimulate opportunity
- Disseminate opportunities to the appropriate sales team member, educating rep as necessary about the opportunity
- Successfully manage and overcome prospect objections
- Become a trusted resource and develop superior relationships with prospects
- Update lead scoring and prospect interaction in salesforce.com to ensure efficient lead management
- Consistently achieve qualified opportunity quotas to ensure territory revenue objectives.
- Provide closed-loop feedback to ensure continuous process optimization
Required Bachelor's Degree in business, marketing, finance or similar fields strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of successful B2B experience is a bonus, minimum of one year is required
- A self-starter with a track record of successful, credible lead follow-up and sales development at multiple executive levels within an organization; familiarity with marketing automation space a plus
- Fundamental understanding of technology and Software-as-a-Service delivery models
- B2B cold-calling experience Pre-call planning
- Opportunity qualification and objection handling
- Call structure and control
- Time and territory management
- Proven track record achieving measurable inside sales goals in an automated sales environment where accurate entry and management of lead data in a CRM system was required
- Ability to work in a high-energy sales team environment; team player
- Positive and energetic phone skills, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills
- The highest level of integrity
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office)
- Sales training and salesforce.com experience a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.