- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 21 Apr 19
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a business development associate for the Latin America & the Caribbean team, based in New York City.
The Business Development Associate serves a unique and dynamic role that is based around the core responsibility of supporting PIMCO Latin America expansion efforts in the region by supplying timely information on PIMCO's investment products and capabilities to the group. He/she will work closely with the Account Management team to achieve the growth goals of the group. Responsibilities include gathering, analyzing, and discussing with the group industry information within each channel of opportunity (corporations, pension funds, family offices, etc.), actively participating in business development initiatives including data analysis and requests for proposals processes, support design and updates to business plans, prospecting, competitor research elaboration using internal and external database applications, enhancement of PIMCO's brand and reputation as the industry's "go-to" firm, special projects, etc. The successful candidate will operate as an entrepreneur and be proactive about seeking improved ways to equip the Business Development Professionals in their relationship building, cross-selling responsibilities and marketing process.
LOCATION: This position will be based in New York.
• PIMCO Investment Professionals including other members of the Account Management Group, Product Managers and Associates, and Portfolio Managers and Trade Assistants
• Current and prospective clients
• Native Spanish or Portuguese is required. Fluency in English required.
• Identify new business development opportunities (i.e. investors, asset pools, channels), drive marketing/sales campaigns
• Develop and maintain a variety of different types of materials to support new business development, existing business and other specific product management initiatives and responsibilities
• Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
• Serve as a product specific contact for clients, prospective clients and consultants
• Service oriented mind-set and sense of urgency when responding to internal and external requests
• Solutions-driven individual with an ability to build and drive business
• Fixed Income product knowledge, with a multi asset focus
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel and strong knowledge of software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg
• Well organized, high energy, self-starter, ability to work within the firm's demanding and highly focused environment. Entrepreneurial skills are key to success in this role
• Outstanding relationship building skills
• Ability to clearly articulate analysis, written and verbally
• Work effectively with all levels of personnel as part of a team and individually
• Ability to manage prospect base and explore opportunities for new asset growth
• Candidates must be collaborative and possess a positive and upbeat attitude
• Unassailable ethics and integrity
• Clear commitment to PIMCO's culture, values and approach
• Must possess a four-year college degree with a preferred major in Business/Finance, Economics, or Accounting.
• Progress toward the CFA designation is a plus.
• Ideal candidates should have 0-2 years of experience in the financial services industry and a strong interest in fixed income and economics. College internships in finance, client-oriented roles are preferred.
Ideal candidates should have 2-4 years of experience in financial services, asset management, investment banking or accounting. A strong background and/or interest in fixed income and economics is important. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income instruments and the economic underpinnings of the fixed income asset class.