- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
AWM Intelligent Digital Solutions Finance Strategic Planning and Analysis Executive Director
- New York, NY, USA
Job Description: JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small businesses, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com.
J.P. Morgan Intelligent Digital Solutions (IDS) is a newly developed division of J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management – one of the largest asset and wealth mangers in the world, with client assets of $2.7 trillion and assets under management of $1.9 trillion (Assets as of Sept. 30, 2017). Within IDS sit three groups tasked with bringing digital and data-driven solutions to our customers: Digital Wealth Management, Digital Investment Solutions, and our Data Science team
This role is responsible for the management, planning and analysis activities for the IDS team and will play a key role in the strategic decisions and analysis within IDS.
- Serve as the primary accounting and finance professional for IDS
- Responsible for understanding the online brokerage industry competitive landscape and support in the development of pricing strategies to grow market share and profitability
- Develop and refine profitability models, for new and existing products and services. This work will at times include the development of business cases for new product and market-related investments.
- Develop deep understanding and segmentation of cost drivers for the business, and apply that understanding to improve profitability.
- Manage business case process to ensure disciplined financials and key metrics are included to drive the decision making process and to implement consistency across the organization (includes IT book of work, potential business development and other investments).
- Develop collaborative & influential relationships with Planning and Analysis, Product/, Sales, Operations, Credit, and Marketing teams to improve communication, analytics and refine reporting and actionable recommendations.
- Complete ad-hoc reporting & analysis, develop recommendations, and communicate to appropriate business owners, including Senior Management levels, to facilitate change.
- Take initiative and demonstrate innovation in the identification and development of new metrics, report design, creation, implementation, reporting processes, and areas of analytic focus.
- Prepare Budgets, Results and Outlooks for IDS
- Outlooks, Analysis and Reporting of ongoing monthly results including Headcount, Direct & Indirect Expenses, allocations to our partners and Balance Sheet along with variance explanations and early identification of risks and opportunities
- Ensure that Project Actuals, Forecasts and Budget are in alignment with the financial books and records of the firm
- Responsible for planning, outlook and reporting of production and investment costs and understanding the primary drivers
- Track and analyze external vendor spend and partner with sourcing & management to identify efficiencies
- In conjunction with the legal entity controllers ensure that accounting entries are accurate, timely, appropriately reconciled and substantiated Partner with overall AM Technology Finance teams to continue to look for standards and efficiencies in areas such as reporting and financial support across the AM Technology function
- Keen focus on implementing and improving controls across all processes
- Prepare presentations / information gathering as requested
- 7-10 years’ work experience in financial services; experience in online brokerage and/or FinTech industries preferred
- Finance experience and strong knowledge of accounting required
- Experience developing pricing and profitability models
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior level staff
- Ability to manage through many priorities
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present proposals and draw conclusions
- Strong project management skills; disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner with Business, Finance and P&A teams
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in Essbase
- Project Accounting experience preferred