AVP of Product Control
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Green Key Resources
- 13 Nov 18
Green Key Resources is seeking an AVP of Product Control for a Bank in Midtown Manhattan. This role will focus on Equity & Fixed Income Derivatives and is responsible for the accounting and financial reporting of the Equity trading desks.
Desks include Common and Preferred Stocks, Convertible bonds, ETFs, Futures, Options & Derivatives.
Essential Job Duties:
• Daily P&L production and explanation, including risk-based attribution, based on desk’s exposures and market moves.
• Daily interaction with the trading desk (including business manager).
• Liaison with various areas within the firm (e.g. Operations, Technology, Middle Office and Market Risk).
• Process reengineering to improve efficiencies.
• Month-end General Ledger closes.
• Balance sheet substantiation.
• Review IPV results.
• Ensuring the completeness and accuracy of Volcker reporting metrics
• Ad hoc requests from the desk and other internal clients.
• Participation in Finance initiatives.
• 4+ years in industry with previous product control experience
• Attention to detail.
• Fast learner and team player.
• Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
• Highly proficient in Excel (v-lookups, pivot tables) and Bloomberg
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Accounting, Finance or Economics degree
• CPA and/or CFA a plus