- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
AVP, Quality Engineering
Location: New York, NY, USAScope and Impact:
- Managing Software Testing duties specifically related to test strategy, design and Execution
- Assist with defining and collection of metrics around the performance of quality practices
- Ensuring thorough coverage of high-risk areas of Moody's software utilizing test automation approaches (combinatorial, data driven approaches to testing)
- Designing and reviewing exceptional quality systems at Moody's Training and Consulting in Testing Best practices (automated testing and overall test approaches and design)
- Research and advocate for current best practices in the testing domain
- Advanced knowledge of both manual and automated testing approaches, including implementation of automation frameworks
- Strong understanding of database concepts (past experiences with TOAD, Rapid SQL, Access) and software development life cycle, quality assurance life cycle, and testing methodologies
- Ability to train and manage quality engineers in the development and design of test harnesses used for testing shared components. Requires an extensive background in designing and delivering complex automated test harnesses
- Extensive background in designing and delivering complex automated test harnesses
- Ability to train and manage quality engineers in the development and design of test harnesses used for testing shared components
- Ability to create presentations for stakeholders that highlight strategic objectives
Decision Making Authority:
- Review vendor design and execution of test automation strategies and approaches within Moody's and drive improvements
- Enable the utilization of the test automation in a continuous integration test environment and drive the adoption of early automated testing by the project teams
- Provide regular reports to Moody's management concerning quality practices at Moody's
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science or Engineering
- 7+ years Test Automation Skills.
- Project Management and organizational abilities.
- Extensive background in designing and delivering complex automated test harnesses.
- Consulting and/or previous financial services experience a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.