- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 Apr 18
AVP, Infographics/Data Visualization Specialist
Location: New York, NY, USA
- Responsible for creating compelling data visualizations and infographics that explain complex financial data and concepts conveying Moody's insights
- Produce visuals that distil and refine Moody's research and analysis across all publications
- Collaborate closely with Branding, UX and Production teams to define the "graphic vocabulary" and "visual voice" of Moody's
- Help develop, execute and maintain a visual graphics style and best practices guide for Moody's Investors Service publications
- Serve in a leadership role for visual content and be responsible for working across teams to drive innovative storytelling with graphics, infographics and data visualizations
- Help Research Directors, Analysts and others develop their data visualization skills
- BA, BFA, MFA in Graphic/Visual Design, Computer Graphics, Visual Communication, Fine/Studio Art, or a related field. Portfolio / design samples required to apply to role
- 5+ years demonstrated experience in creating infographics and visualizing data
- Experience working in a financial environment preferred. Good knowledge and interest in business, finance and economics fields is a big plus
- Strong knowledge of design and best practices in data visualization, infographics and data reporting
- Experience and understanding of corporate branding, layout, color, typography and responsive design
- Numeracy and the ability to think statistically are vital. The ideal candidate must have a proven record of interpreting and presenting complex concepts in a visually appealing and clear manner
- Candidate must have excellent skills in Excel and expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (written, verbal and presentation) are required
- Knowledge of SQL Server, mySQL, R and Python is a plus
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work on both fast turnaround and longer term projects are a big plus
- Candidate should possess the ability to think and work independently while participating in a team environment
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks under tight deadlines and changing priorities
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.