AVP Data Analytics Audit Manager
Our client, a foreign insurance company based in New York requires a Data Analytics (DA) Manager (AVP) to join and lead their team.
As an AVP DA Manager you will report directly in to the Director of Professional Practices, with responsibility for two direct reports. This post will play a pivotal role in the development and execution of the global DA strategy.
This role is ideal for an experience DA Associate looking to make the next step in their career, moving into people management, whilst also maintaining a hands-on approach. As an AVP DA Manager you will be expected to:
As an AVP IT Auditor you will require:
- Develop and execute an innovative global DA strategy, building on the existing program
- Manage the DA team including performance, time allocation, and capacity against deliverables and timelines
- Work with large volumes of data and develop Alteryx workflows and scripts in SQL for filtering logic, aggregation, and perform data manipulations based on comprehension of key business requirements and scenarios logic
- Manage all facets of the DA process from source system data extraction through clear visualization and analysis of analytics results
- Lead data analytics projects in support of audit execution through understanding of the scope, key areas of risk, and propose ideas for the use of data analytics
- Develop repeatable DA tools, allowing the auditors to run DA routines own their own, through intuitive interfaces
- Develop tools to automate control testing (i.e., continuous auditing), and continuously monitor key risk indicators / key performance indicators
- Create and enhance data visualization dashboards providing key insights into both the business and the department's performance
- Lead DA innovation initiatives applying best practices and emerging technology trends
- Work in a team environment that requires frequent communications with various stakeholders and be adaptable in undertaking new and challenging projects
- Assist with audit committee and senior management reporting
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree (Master's a plus) in Data Science, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Statistics, Applied Math, or any other related field.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant data analysis experience. Experience in internal audit or other control functions (e.g., risk, compliance) is preferred
- Extensive experience with data extraction and manipulation techniques including the ability to stage and import large volumes of data using tools for data analysis, including SQL Server, Alteryx, Python, etc.
- Extensive data visualization experience with Power BI or similar technologies, specifically the ability to stage data from multiple sources, design dashboard content, and develop applications through multiple iterations with users
- Experience building and supporting automated testing (i.e., continuous auditing) and continuous monitoring programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior management experience is preferred
- Financial services experience is preferred
- Additional language(s) desirable
Our client can offer market leading packages to qualified hires with amazing benefits, competitive salaries and bonuses, with PTO.
At this stage only US Citizen/ Permanent Residents/ Green card holders are being considered.
I am an IT Audit & Risk market specialist working with a variety of clients across companies US-wide. If this role is of interest to you, or if you would like to explore other opportunities in the market, please feel free to reach out directly to Emily Kirkpatrick on (646)349-4480 or email@example.com . #LI-EK1