AVP Business Analyst Operational Change
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Barclays - US
- 13 Mar 18 2018-03-13
Barclays offers corporate and investment banking and credit card services in the US. Our 10,000 US colleagues are located in offices across the country, with headquarters in New York City. In 2017, Barclays announced plans to create a world-class campus in Whippany, New Jersey, for our Technology, Operations and Functional teams in the US. Other principal locations include Delaware, Nevada, Ohio and Maine.
Overall purpose of role
A CTB role involves transforming strategic ideas into change projects that can be planned, and monitored whilst being mindful of risk, budget and personal conduct.
- Transform a strategic idea into a well designed change project that can be planned, organised and tracked.
- Assist with the management of an extensive project portfolio and ensure consistent delivery under pressure.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Assist with the breakdown of a function, operating model or project into its constituent parts and build it back up better.
- Ambassador for the firm's values demonstrating integrity and courage in their convictions.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Possess ability to define and articulate the strategic vision of a project. Sets a clear agenda where teams and stakeholders understand their contribution to the future success of the organisation and are motivated to travel on the journey.
- Strong project leader who cultivates a culture of collaboration where involvement and sharing are seen as essential for the achievement of shared objectives and agendas.
- Strong communicator with flexibility to communicate effectively using the right medium across the function and build successful relationships with key stakeholders, SMEs and other functions.
- Highly resilient and resourceful, with a proven track record in engaging and influencing others to ensure project tasks are delivered per committed timelines, whilst managing team budget.
- Act as a catalyst for change and inspire confidence in stakeholders with the quality and conviction of their vision, building support and sponsorship at all levels and ensuring the need for change is embedded across the team.
- Strong presentation skills and ability to simplify and condense a large number of complex moving parts into single impact statement.
- Builds trust through credible use of facts and data and posses ability to creatively resolve problems and issues at pace.
- Ability to apply a risk lens with short term (tactical) and long term (strategic) deliverables in mind.
- Ability to quantify and drive mitigation of risk at a project level.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Demonstrate a structured, outcome-oriented approach, with the ability to anticipate and head off problems that could jeopardize the outcome of a project.
- Ability to think outside of the box, provide quick solutions and resolve project issues in a timely manner.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent
- 3+ years financial services experience
- High level understanding of the trade lifecycle and the functions listed in the below table.
- High level understanding of all product families listed in the table below.